GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Modding FAQ. All Information about modifying Mk7's.

RedReplicant

Ready to race!
Any other recommendations on upgraded clutches? I'm apr stage 1 and experiencing a lot of clutch slip. Not my first manual car but not that savy with problems and what to look for in upgrading. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try removing your clutch delay valve first.

natesheetz21

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry I missed this. Here's a list of my recommended clutches:

1. RSR

2. Sachs SRE

3. 6GT Haus of Dub

All of those clutches seem to share some of the TTRS components which means OEM feel and low noise, with the power limits of nearly 450tq.

So should I start looking at getting just the clutch or do I need other parts as well? Never changed a clutch in a car, prob take it to my tuner but still wanna make sure I buy everything I need in one shot

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
So should I start looking at getting just the clutch or do I need other parts as well? Never changed a clutch in a car, prob take it to my tuner but still wanna make sure I buy everything I need in one shot

Those choices are all complete kits EXCEPT for the throw out bearing which should be replaced at the same time. You can find one here: https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswage...Drivetrain/Clutch/Throwout_Bearing/ES2609430/

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Sub'd! This needs to be a Sticky!

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I nominate this thread for "Post of the Year".

Great job Goingnowherefast! Thanks for the work and contribution to the forum knowledge base.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
There are no mods here, hence no sticky.

If this was a sticky I would not have to have the note about the spacer in my sig.

StopSweatinMe

Ready to race!

Just pray your factory flywheel isn't shot like mine was. If you need a new OEM flywheel, ECS has them for like $625. Like already stated, buy the new throwout bearing as well and that's it.

Letting the clutch slip burnt my flywheel up.

Labor should be $550-900, depending on where you take it.

Good luck, and welcome to the paying to play club. :p

natesheetz21

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry I missed this. Here's a list of my recommended clutches:

1. RSR

2. Sachs SRE

3. 6GT Haus of Dub

All of those clutches seem to share some of the TTRS components which means OEM feel and low noise, with the power limits of nearly 450tq.

What about Black Forest industry clutch kit? I believe it's a single mass flywheel and comes with everything I need I think. Just don't know much about the company.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Why hasn't this been stickied?

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan

codespyder

Ready to race!
I'm surprised the amount of order that this forum has maintained despite the lack of visible moderators.

Who owns this site?