GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 TSI at the dealer (pics inside)

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
lol, its still a very good car for its price

how much is the 1.8 toyota corolla? or the civic? i think the golfs price is comparable with them but you get a very good car instead :p

gtiw7

Ready to race!
they are BD8000 +/-300 for full option.... there is more than BD1000 price difference; for me it is acceptable & I would definitely go for the Golf rather than the "Found-in-every-100-meters" Civics or Corollas. but most people here wouldn't even consider the Golf as a substitute for these two cars

Go Kart Champion
they are BD8000 +/-300 for full option.... there is more than BD1000 price difference; for me it is acceptable & I would definitely go for the Golf rather than the "Found-in-every-100-meters" Civics or Corollas. but most people here wouldn't even consider the Golf as a substitute for these two cars

hey man, i got bad news and REALLY bad news

bad news first, the dealer here has to bring 2 or 3 GTI's in july or so and keep them just for show (and for the managers to drive and whatever), and customers will get it 3 months after that. so I cant have the very first GTI in Oman :"(

the really bad news, they told me the GTI will come in 2 packages here, he said that these will most probably be the showroom prices and will go down, but how much less will it be??

all are full option with the following differences:

package 1: 18" wheels / No sunroof---------18k OMR
Package 2: 18" wheels w/ Sunroof ----------19k OMR
OR
19" wheels / No sunroof ---------19k OMR

what the hell are these prices?????? damn man.. can you please check with the bahrain dealer? i hope the sales guy is just bluffing here

The passat CC 3.6 DSG with all the options is 16k OMR, this just doesn't make any sense to me :mad:

gtiw7

Ready to race!
dammmn I hope that sales guy IS bluffing there!! 19k is a Golf R territory! :eek:

My older brother was in the dealer two days ago (changing some parts in his mkv gti), he spoke with Felix Miranda who happens to be VW's Brand Manager (not an ordinary sales guy, he's like the CEO of VW here :p) he said we will get normal GTIs on July, starting price will have a slight increase over mk6 (BD13,000 more or less) >>he didn't say anything about full option prices though.

The bad news is, Felix also said that we "might" get the performance package later on >>> I said bad news because there's no certainity, which means I'm not gonna buy a gti on July as well if there is a possiblity that they'll bring the performance package.

bad news first, the dealer here has to bring 2 or 3 GTI's in july or so and keep them just for show (and for the managers to drive and whatever), and customers will get it 3 months after that.

btw that doesn't make sense at all, a rational manager would sell a car whenever he gets the opportunity to do so. because, well....thats his job to make the brand more profitable. even if he wants to postpone sales of a particular car he'll lose many potential customers in such a long period as 3 months!
If it was 1 month then I would believe the sales guy...but 3 months! :confused: naaah that doesn't make sense to me.

Go Kart Champion
well, they said its their policy, even with the new passat.. they first brought a few cars, kept one in city center and one in the showroom, just for display and demo drives... 2 months after that it they sold them.. of course they will sell the used pieces too eventually

well this situation sucks, the price killed me.. i don't want anything BUT A GTI, but for that price im better off with a scirocco R (FWD fan :D ) or a 3.6 CC ... i would hate myself for not buying a GTI but i dont think they left me a choice with that price

waiting for the actual price 3ala a7ar min el jamer now lol

Go Kart Champion
i just sent VW mid east my story :D

Go Kart Champion
Dear Mr. Hammam,
I have just received your email below, regarding your interest in the new Mk VII Golf GTi.* I am naturally delighted to hear of your passion for both the VW brand, and the GTi model in particular.* Equally, I am disappointed to have read
of your experience in one of my sales outlets.*
To clear up any confusion, I can confirm that I have today ordered 20 units of Mk VII GTi from our manufacturer partners, and we plan to launch this fantastic new vehicle during Ramadan this year.* We will be introducing 2 models, the GTi
and the GTi +.* I can’t share with you the final specifications with you for a few days, but I can assure that you won’t be disappointed, whichever variant you choose.*

So far as pricing goes, we haven’t actually finalized pricing structure, however I can give you an indicative price right now.* I expect the standard GTi to be presented for sale for approximately RO 12,900.* The GTi+ (which will include
panoramic sunroof amongst other options) will be presented for sale for approximately RO 14,900.
I hope this clears up any confusion.* I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your impending purchase soon.* Please accept my apologies for any confusion that may have occurred til now, and I hope I can be of further
assistance to you.
Warm regards.
Steven Grey
National Sales Manager

Go Kart Champion
What a relief :D

gtiw7

Ready to race!
wow fast response from VW! finally some almost-official prices :D I think 14,900 is just fair for a well-equipped GTI.... now we can Rest In Peace until July LOL + I'll get a good discount here so I'm guessing it'll be 13,900 or less for me :D Definitely worth it!

Leather is of no importance to me AT ALL (VERY HOT weather + it sacrifice that cool plaid design of the seats), so hopefully if I order a full option without leather it'll be even less.

Go Kart Champion
Yeah no leather for me too, the plaid design is too good to be replaced

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Dear Mr. Hammam,
I have just received your email below, regarding your interest in the new Mk VII Golf GTi.* I am naturally delighted to hear of your passion for both the VW brand, and the GTi model in particular.* Equally, I am disappointed to have read
of your experience in one of my sales outlets.*
To clear up any confusion, I can confirm that I have today ordered 20 units of Mk VII GTi from our manufacturer partners, and we plan to launch this fantastic new vehicle during Ramadan this year.* We will be introducing 2 models, the GTi
and the GTi +.* I can’t share with you the final specifications with you for a few days, but I can assure that you won’t be disappointed, whichever variant you choose.*

So far as pricing goes, we haven’t actually finalized pricing structure, however I can give you an indicative price right now.* I expect the standard GTi to be presented for sale for approximately RO 12,900.* The GTi+ (which will include
panoramic sunroof amongst other options) will be presented for sale for approximately RO 14,900.
I hope this clears up any confusion.* I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your impending purchase soon.* Please accept my apologies for any confusion that may have occurred til now, and I hope I can be of further
assistance to you.
Warm regards.
Steven Grey
National Sales Manager

Could you please give me his e-mail?

Go Kart Champion
He is based in oman, i went to vw middle east website, filled the contact us form and they redirected to him

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I see...I want to complain about not having manual transmission for the middle east....it's just too lame that all other manufacturers offer an optional manual transmission for some or at least one of their cars, except VW they don't!!

I mean BMW, Porsche, Mini, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Audi, Chevrolete, Ford & Dodge, you name it; they all give you the option to choose the gearbox here.
I went to order a GTI yesterday but VW manager told me I can't order one exactly to my specifications!! there will be two package & I can only choose one of them, none of which can be ordered with manual tranny. after discussing with the manager how important 6spd is to me he said that they have been trying so hard over the past 4 years to get the manual here for the mk6, but VW-ME always refuses to bring it!! It just doesn't make sense they won't lose anything in fact it might bring new customers to the company.