GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 TSI at the dealer (pics inside)

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I put it as sales, what's the price they gave you?

ah man, not being able to choose the 6sp manual is stupid, I'm sure many do prefer it.. thank god I want thr dsg in the first place

gtiw7

Ready to race!
we still didn't negotiate the price.... we usually do that after choosing which options to go for, as I know they will make me happy (pricewise) at the end.

eventually, I will settle down for DSG if that's the only option, but not before trying to convince them to get 6spd as hard as I can ;)

Go Kart Champion
let us know how that goes :)

you know whats the stupid thing? and i think this goes for all ME

if you want package 2 (the full option), you have to choose between the panoramic sunroof and 19" wheels, you cant have both. When they try to order a car with both options ticked; the system gives them an error.

i asked if its possible to swap the wheels of another one with 19s in order to have both the options on mine, and they told me its not possible. my only option is to wait for the 19s to be available as an accessory and then get it for an extra cost.

which is stupid

gtiw7

Ready to race!
yeah I noticed that, I asked if they could swap as well, but I got the same answer lol
I guess I will be going for package2 18" with panoramic roof, but first I want to see what they mean by partially leather seats....it turned out that even VW manager doesn't know what that means! maybe because that's a new option for the GTI :confused:

Go Kart Champion
you and me are in the EXACT same position :D

last email i got from Steven was today..
I have yet to receive a firm response from VW, but hope to have this resolved today or tomorrow for you.

i think it will most probably be as we presume, plaid+leather

i mean even if they are full leather, i still HAVE to get them. Because if I get the package 1 i will lose many other options :confused:

Go Kart Champion
Dear Hammam,

My apologies for the delay, but I now have a definitive response from VW.

The two choices we have available for the interior, are full cloth (with the plaid inserts) or full leather. Please find attached, a draft GTi brochure from Germany, for your perusal.

Best regards.

Steve

Go Kart Champion
^^ thats a bummer, but still doesn't make sense because the option mentioned in our brochure is called "partially leather" and the PDF he sent me now is in German and only contains two options "Vienna" which is full leather and "Clark" which is the full fabric plaid design.

I am still hoping these guys don't know what their options are and we eventually get the partially leather exactly how i imagine it :D

gtiw7

Ready to race!
yeah it doesn't make sense at all!! I think they don't know what there're talking about because last time I checked the words "Partial" & "Full" are is not exactly interchangeable lol

I guess I'll have to wait till july and see for myself

gtiw7

Ready to race!
btw can you give me his (direct email) because no one responds when I filled the "contact us" form....I don't think it requires that much days to respond :confused:

Go Kart Champion

Go Kart Champion
Dear Hammam,

I have checked with VW. The performance package is unavailable in the region at the moment, due to emission issues, meaning GSO certification has not been given yet. I am advised that the factory are working on a fix for this, but are as yet unsure whether the package will ever be available to the region.

:confused::(:(:(:(

Go Kart Champion
Haha, be positive. You can gain more than 10 hp later with a tune. And I'm sure the lsd will be available soon from an aftermarket place... Its all good.. i do want the bigger brakes and and gti labled calipers though