GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Would that tool have made de-pinnning something like this much easier?
Luckily since it was damaged and I was replacing it I just broke it the rest of the way.

View attachment 302752
Possibly. I had a blast when I did my coil grounds with a cheap set. Spent a bit more on something a bit more robust we'll see if it's any better..

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Don’t forget to unlock them! I think that’s the only point that is obvious and missed in many guides or overlooked. Especially for the taillights. I’ll be finish this up probably on the weekend I’m waiting on some connectors.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Don’t forget to unlock them! I think that’s the only point that is obvious and missed in many guides or overlooked. Especially for the taillights. I’ll be finish this up probably on the weekend I’m waiting on some connectors.
you'd think this is obvious, but I've attempted multiple times before and remembered.....simple step often overlooked

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
you'd think this is obvious, but I've attempted multiple times before and remembered.....simple step often overlooked
I did it 😂

Giuseppe Busso

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon mk3 1.8 FR
Well, my stupid question is about "pops & bangs". To do or not?
I'm gonna stage3 custom tune my car in a few days. I'm considering if ask my tuner to add this feature or not.
I have 100cpsi cat. Also, thoughts about no lift shift for manual cars.
Thanks...

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
I'm gonna stage3 custom tune my car in a few days. I'm considering if ask my tuner to add this feature or not.
Thanks...
Been thinking the same thing when I eventually tune my car. Thinking about keeping it to Sport only so if I wanna get rowdy I can but when driving around town I can keep it quiet. My friend has hella pops and bangs on his tune and you can hear him a block away lol, not sure I want that

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Thanks...
Don't do the p&b, sounds like shit on our cars. Everytime I hear a car do that shit, it triggers my PTSD and pisses me off. Definitely get no lift shift. Every manual car that wants to race should have that. It's so nice when tuned properly for it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Thanks...

Been thinking the same thing when I eventually tune my car. Thinking about keeping it to Sport only so if I wanna get rowdy I can but when driving around town I can keep it quiet. My friend has hella pops and bangs on his tune and you can hear him a block away lol, not sure I want that
Listen to Drew above.....I've had it....I HATED IT......it gets old after the first drive with it.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Thanks...
I got it on one of my staged tunes just for fun, and it sounds like crap you just get 3-4 pops. I'd rather have real burble sound, not someone lighting of black cats.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Don't do the p&b, sounds like shit on our cars. Everytime I hear a car do that shit, it triggers my PTSD and pisses me off. Definitely get no lift shift. Every manual car that wants to race should have that. It's so nice when tuned properly for it.
the motorcycles that have it trigger my PTSD badly.....I've almost thrown my wife to the ground twice because they were so close

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Has anyone had the seat belt light come on when the belt is in? I had it pop up until I restarted the car after hitting a bump while accelerating. Is there some sort of wear item that needs replacement?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Has anyone had the seat belt light come on when the belt is in? I had it pop up until I restarted the car after hitting a bump while accelerating. Is there some sort of wear item that needs replacement?
Offhand this just sounds like a loose connection. I'd check your plugs at the receiver and the body to start.

I had a mk4 with a headlight connector that had a loose pin, on bumps sometimes it would go out and you could smack the housing from the outside to get it cooperative again. Could be something similar, but unless there's stuff you've touched in there it shouldn't be a wear item.

2 door or 4 door? If 2 door, I could see enough flexing of the receiver stalk making wiring loose, but that's a stretch. The 4 door receiver stalk is rigid by comparison.

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Offhand this just sounds like a loose connection. I'd check your plugs at the receiver and the body to start.

I had a mk4 with a headlight connector that had a loose pin, on bumps sometimes it would go out and you could smack the housing from the outside to get it cooperative again. Could be something similar, but unless there's stuff you've touched in there it shouldn't be a wear item.

2 door or 4 door? If 2 door, I could see enough flexing of the receiver stalk making wiring loose, but that's a stretch. The 4 door receiver stalk is rigid by comparison.
4 door where am I looking exactly? I had this happen once about 3 years ago as well. I haven't messed with any wiring or anything. I'm thinking it's a loose connector or buckle internals/contact is messed up. Will see tomorrow if it doesn't pop up I'll just consider it a fluke.