GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
I told myself the other week to leave the wagon alone, its the perfect dd alongside my suspension mods. I've been researching a dedicated summer car, thus the desire to leave this stage1 DD mode. * CAN OF WORMS COMMENCE *

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I told myself the other week to leave the wagon alone, its the perfect dd alongside my suspension mods. I've been researching a dedicated summer car, thus the desire to leave this stage1 DD mode. * CAN OF WORMS COMMENCE *
What does APR charge to upgrade to the IS20 file? Assuming you DIY the turbo you could be all in for like $500-$600. Seems like an easy decision to me.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Oh dude its like $250. Nothing.

And yes, agree. But with that, even on stock DP... i'd (want/need) IC pretty quicky and id (NEED) clutch. I'm on the ragged edge of my stock clutch, for sure.

With that it's like shit... okay well then do I pivot to looking at an IS38/dp/ic then? I'm the kind of guy that would probably rather just do it right, first go. If VW doesn't honor the replacement, i'll have a decision to make.

The car goes in tomorrow morning at 8am. Godspeed.

This is a real time internal dialogue. I'm waffling a bit, lol.

GTI'D

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like a way for stuff to drain out of the bell housing, where the clutch and flywheel are. You're seeing the teeth on the flywheel for the starter.
Exactly - El_Bigote answered yesterday in the wrong thread I accidentally posted. Some research confirmed. Thanks for response though.

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
I have been curious about how rational it would be to get a grille cover (lower) for my car during the winter. I have a very short commute and if it were not for me idling my car after I arrive at my destination, the oil temp won’t resister.

I don’t think the car needs the ~20° air when the engine is already freezing.

(Think diesel trucks with a snap on cover)

I know Mercedes and BMW have active grilles that open and close when needed.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
i know... AND CLUTCH... for sure. My point is, if i'm on the hook for an is12, it just makes absolutely no sense NOT to upgrade LOL
I just pulled my IS20, seems in great shape with no shaft play...though it does have 74k miles on it:

2022-02-27 16.39.24.jpeg

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
PM me for shits. I don't love the mileage, but let me know your price. Looks clean.

Car is at VW, i'm not optimistic on warranty coverage, but worth a shot. My dealership is great, if they can push it through they will.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
VW wont cover it. Likely going IS20, my indi told me to source the turbo myself. Whats the best place to buy an is20 upgrade kit right now?