GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Does oil go bad. Have a little liquid moly stored on the self from 7500 miles ago. Doing an oil change tomorrow... got fresh 6 liters or whatever it is but should i use the stuff on the shelf first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Does oil go bad. Have a little liquid moly stored on the self from 7500 miles ago. Doing an oil change tomorrow... got fresh 6 liters or whatever it is but should i use the stuff on the shelf first?

Doesn't go bad... Rock it

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It's in the manual.

Hold the trip reset while turning the ignition on. Follow the prompts.

I had the inspection due and oil change due at the same time. Did what you said and it only reset the oil change reminder. Should I do it again? And since this is the random stupid question thread what is the wrench button in the overhead thing by the rear view mirror?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I had the inspection due and oil change due at the same time. Did what you said and it only reset the oil change reminder. Should I do it again? And since this is the random stupid question thread what is the wrench button in the overhead thing by the rear view mirror?

FactoryMatt

Passed Driver's Ed

with some oils the additives will fall out of suspension. it does have a shelf life, but 7500 miles ago is fine.

edrex

Ready to race!
Are the pins that hold the paddle shifters available anywhere for purchase?
Thanks!!

I need this too but so far no luck

cb1111

Ok the use this? Need some collant and i asked for g13 and they said this was fine.... at first pep boys then autozone

I wouldn't - unless you are in the middle of Death Valley and there's no dealer around.

It also depends if you are under warranty. There's a good chance that it'll do no harm, but you may run into issues if you have a coolant related warranty claim.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't - unless you are in the middle of Death Valley and there's no dealer around.

It also depends if you are under warranty. There's a good chance that it'll do no harm, but you may run into issues if you have a coolant related warranty claim.

I didnt need a lot, i filled it up like right under min to right over min and i drove it and it worked so ill take it