GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

gti_1789

Passed Driver's Ed
Hit a curb and cut my tire, was going to rubber cement it since I maybe have 1k on these tires. Should I be good to go, or is this a candidate for replacement I’ve had mixed reviews on my search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gti_1789

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol forgot to add the /s...here’s to 6 new tires in 1 year. (Stock wheels and tires where stolen once and then hit a pothole that blew out a separate tire)

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
why does my keyfob weigh 3 $^$% pounds?

there has to be deadweight in there that can be removed right?

You can buy the endcap for the FOB that comes on the Golf TSI keys. Reduces the weight of the keyfob significantly.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You can buy the endcap for the FOB that comes on the Golf TSI keys. Reduces the weight of the keyfob significantly.

I recently did that and it does reduce the weight. Just don't like bulk in my pocket.

AdrianC

Oil change

Stupid question...car is 4 months old, only has 2k miles on it, and it's started telling me I need an oil change in 30 days, 29 days, etc.

The car has a build date of October 2018...

Is this normal for a VW? I never had this in any other car. The usual first oil change is X miles, not 12 months after it was built.

gti_1789

Passed Driver's Ed
Stupid question...car is 4 months old, only has 2k miles on it, and it's started telling me I need an oil change in 30 days, 29 days, etc.

The car has a build date of October 2018...

Is this normal for a VW? I never had this in any other car. The usual first oil change is X miles, not 12 months after it was built.

That makes sense, since it’s build date is 10/18 that oil is almost a year old at this point. How many miles were on the car when you first bought it?