GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
For those that were contributing to my water ingress issue from the top of the hatch wing.......see this post.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-mk7-today.316916/post-8029948

After removing and inspecting the clips and mount points........80% of the washers were disintegrated and/nor just flat out missing! I bought the install kit from ECS which included all bolts, washers, clips, screws, foam tape, etc and installed this morning.

Reeeeeeally hoping that solves the issue.

heat gun, razors and patience is what's needed for that hatch wing and foam removal....sheesh

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Anyone do a MK7.5 front bumper conversion on their MK7 GTI? Kind of thinking of moving to this look if it is possible. Bumper is coming off as soon as we get a warm day above 70.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Anyone do a MK7.5 front bumper conversion on their MK7 GTI? Kind of thinking of moving to this look if it is possible. Bumper is coming off as soon as we get a warm day above 70.
Need new fenders, hood (maybe?) and headlights too

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Do you really want a 7.5 bumper or will the 7.5 lights be enough to get close to the look you want.

There are companies out there that will sell you a 7.5 style lights for your 7 so you don't need to go through the headache of replacing everything else.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I am actually after the bumper as it flares out more and to me looks more aggressive. I did some searching and it appears RexSupersport has an easy swap solution with no fender or headlamp change.

https://rexsupersport.com/carbon-pa...f-mk7-bumper-upgrade-mk7-5-gti-advance-front/

It's cheap enough to where I'm crazy enough to try it. The photo gallery does show it installed on several different color Mk7's.

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I am actually after the bumper as it flares out more and to me looks more aggressive. I did some searching and it appears RexSupersport has an easy swap solution with no fender or headlamp change.

https://rexsupersport.com/carbon-pa...f-mk7-bumper-upgrade-mk7-5-gti-advance-front/

It's cheap enough to where I'm crazy enough to try it. The photo gallery does show it installed on several different color Mk7's.
I feel like I've added something to the cart before to see what shipping would be and it was insane. Can't imagine what it will be for a bumper cover.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
OMG sea freight shipping $490 bucks...

guess Im going to a junkyard to look for a rear-ended 7.5

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Anyone's downstream O2 sensor also fail "early"? Code P0137 O2 Sensor Circ.Bank1-Sensor2 Low Voltage popped up while checking for I/M readiness. Granted aftermarket catted downpipe but only 55k miles.

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
ACT stage 2 (500/tq rated) went 70k miles, but then let my wife drive who thought 2nd gear was first, so now I have their stage 3 kit.
Haha, unfortunate. Hope you are enjoying the new clutch, 70k miles was way more then i was expecting. I rarely launch the car and believe in shifting as smooth as possible, Hope mine last as long as yours.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Haha, unfortunate. Hope you are enjoying the new clutch, 70k miles was way more then i was expecting. I rarely launch the car and believe in shifting as smooth as possible, Hope mine last as long as yours.
She felt bad about it for sure, but in her defense she learned stick in a dogleg car, so left and down is imprinted in her memory. I have no doubt the clutch would have went way longer had it not been for the 2 weeks she drove it. The new clutch I have is only just barely broken in, waiting for the weather to warm up so I can swap out my broken oil pan. I did do a 3/4 pull in 3rd from 3k rpm, and this new higher stage ACT clutch is definitely legit.

Tyler230

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Subjective question - what kind of fuel economy drop should I expect from a 2019 R going from 91 oct to E30 or E85? If my lifetime average on the car is around 27-28mpg would full E85 pull it down to 20mpg?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I rarely check MPG but I used to get around 275 miles from a full tank to 1/4 tank, by adding 1-2 gal of E to 93 I am averaging around 250 now, so definitely a drop on a stage 1 tune, tuned to E30 or E85... yeah big drop definitely

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Subjective question - what kind of fuel economy drop should I expect from a 2019 R going from 91 oct to E30 or E85? If my lifetime average on the car is around 27-28mpg would full E85 pull it down to 20mpg?
when I went full E85 I went from 32 mpg constantly down to about 22ish on the high end