GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

mrtuminaro

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI
Question for the group. On my 2015 GTI engine block, just forward of the turbo heat shroud is a coolant line. That line mates to the engine by a mount. Under the mount and inside of the coolant passage, a gasket (o-ring) sits around that mount plate. Mine blew out and I can’t find the correct size. I’ve tried 210, 211, 212. I’m about ready to throw some gasket maker RTV on and see how that goes. Can anyone shed some light on what size the correct gasket is and where I’d find it?

Attachments

• 71452519987__4878F5D8-1CFA-41B8-8A89-6B6632A6160D.jpeg
    71452519987__4878F5D8-1CFA-41B8-8A89-6B6632A6160D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Question for the group. On my 2015 GTI engine block, just forward of the turbo heat shroud is a coolant line. That line mates to the engine by a mount. Under the mount and inside of the coolant passage, a gasket (o-ring) sits around that mount plate. Mine blew out and I can’t find the correct size. I’ve tried 210, 211, 212. I’m about ready to throw some gasket maker RTV on and see how that goes. Can anyone shed some light on what size the correct gasket is and where I’d find it?
https://www.emdauto.com/collections...er-for-mqb-2-0t-e888-3?variant=40092390850743

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I’ll try again

Can high beams be adjusted separately from low beams?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Occasional puffs of smoke on startup. Plugs are dry. No oil on turbine side. Oil in my inlet. Am I getting lucky and it's just the PCV? It's the original and I'm going to order one anyways. FCP shows my replacement is a "BM" is this one ok? T.i.a.View attachment 292495
Is oil in the intake a direct sign of a failing PCV? I thought a bit of oil in the intake was in the category of "Das VW."

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Is oil in the intake a direct sign of a failing PCV? I thought a bit of oil in the intake was in the category of "Das VW."
I really don't know but ya probably lol. I've basically had 100K mostly trouble free miles. Did do a carbon cleaning and had the injectors cleaned a while back but other than that nothing until......the occasional puff of smoke on startup recently. No play in the turbo. Compression test was good. Next is a leak down but in the meantime I replaced the PCV. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Still getting the puff so I'll dig deeper

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I’ll try again

Can high beams be adjusted separately from low beams?
Had to replace my HID bulbs today and took a look at the high beam housing. If you mean adjust up/down/left/right I don't think there's any kind of adjustment looking at the rear section.
HB.jpg