GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

iichel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Passat B8
it's running very rich upon start up to heat up the catalytic converter. makes it feel very snappy. once that is up to temp, it will be in eco mode. and eco feels slow.

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
it's running very rich upon start up to heat up the catalytic converter. makes it feel very snappy. once that is up to temp, it will be in eco mode. and eco feels slow.
I have to wait a whole 2 second for the revs to start dropping and another second for it to be at a smooth transition spot. Because of this it looks like I’m fking with the guy behind me lol. To add to this when I do depress the clutch I see the rpm blip by about 300.

iichel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Passat B8
Are you sure your clutch bearing and/or pressure plate are ok?

mrtuminaro

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI
Question for the group. On my 2015 GTI engine block, just forward of the turbo heat shroud is a coolant line. That line mates to the engine by a mount. Under the mount and inside of the coolant passage, a gasket (o-ring) sits around that mount plate. Mine blew out and I can’t find the correct size. I’ve tried 210, 211, 212. I’m about ready to throw some gasket maker RTV on and see how that goes. Can anyone shed some light on what size the correct gasket is and where I’d find it?

Attachments

• 71452519987__4878F5D8-1CFA-41B8-8A89-6B6632A6160D.jpeg
    71452519987__4878F5D8-1CFA-41B8-8A89-6B6632A6160D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Question for the group. On my 2015 GTI engine block, just forward of the turbo heat shroud is a coolant line. That line mates to the engine by a mount. Under the mount and inside of the coolant passage, a gasket (o-ring) sits around that mount plate. Mine blew out and I can’t find the correct size. I’ve tried 210, 211, 212. I’m about ready to throw some gasket maker RTV on and see how that goes. Can anyone shed some light on what size the correct gasket is and where I’d find it?
https://www.emdauto.com/collections...er-for-mqb-2-0t-e888-3?variant=40092390850743

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford
I’ll try again

Can high beams be adjusted separately from low beams?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Occasional puffs of smoke on startup. Plugs are dry. No oil on turbine side. Oil in my inlet. Am I getting lucky and it's just the PCV? It's the original and I'm going to order one anyways. FCP shows my replacement is a "BM" is this one ok? T.i.a.View attachment 292495
Is oil in the intake a direct sign of a failing PCV? I thought a bit of oil in the intake was in the category of "Das VW."