Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
I hate when it just goes limp

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Occasional puffs of smoke on startup. Plugs are dry. No oil on turbine side. Oil in my inlet. Am I getting lucky and it's just the PCV? It's the original and I'm going to order one anyways. FCP shows my replacement is a "BM" is this one ok? T.i.a.
PXL_20231001_224214587.jpg

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Occasional puffs of smoke on startup. Plugs are dry. No oil on turbine side. Oil in my inlet. Am I getting lucky and it's just the PCV? It's the original and I'm going to order one anyways. FCP shows my replacement is a "BM" is this one ok? T.i.a.View attachment 292495

I’d consider the latest BL revision if you’re in there.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-crankcase-vent-valve-genuine-audi-vw-06k103495bl

Or the MK8 if you’re in to it. There’s a big PCV thread going on.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...v-and-why-catch-cans-are-bullshit-imo.429130/

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Why is the pressure so sensitive in the front passenger seat? 2 cell phones set off the seatbelt alarm

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
Why is the pressure so sensitive in the front passenger seat? 2 cell phones set off the seatbelt alarm

Sounds like your cell phones need to go on a diet.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Isn't it capacitive not pressure. So the signal from cell phone sets it off

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
Isn't it capacitive not pressure. So the signal from cell phone sets it off
I believe it's pressure, since the PODS pad in the passengers' side seat heating pad needs to be tricked when installing aftermarket seats or it will permanently think the seat is occupied. Capacitive wouldn't work through pants.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
seriously.....two Iphones, sunglasses, wallet and the car wants the seatbelt connected :rolleyes:
I leave my heavy af gym bag with 3 pairs of shoes, water, multiple containers and my bag with sunglasses, wallet, etc on my passenger seat and it’s never gone off…

Now, if we’re talking all of the exterior sensors? Those have been doing the random dance since July.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Vibrations when in P and go away with slight acceleration.

Whelp.....got 68k out of OEM engine/tranny mounts, so I guess that's something.

BFI stage 1 here I come I guess.....friggin expensive too

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Vibrations when in P and go away with slight acceleration.

Whelp.....got 68k out of OEM engine/tranny mounts, so I guess that's something.

BFI stage 1 here I come I guess.....friggin expensive too
Hold off for a little... there may be a holiday sale? I picked mine up 10% off if I'm remembering correctly.