GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Wow. That’s pretty neat!
No need for these. You have to press the button twice to turn the engine off while driving. Just don't press it, it's easier than you think

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
What is the purpose of Weathertech Wind Deflectors/rain guards? My GTI came with them and I don't get it. Is it just aesthetic or are they functional?

If I crack the window at speed, it's not exactly quiet but I have no frame of reference to compare it to. When it's hot or raining and hot I'm running AC. They don't look badly or take away from the car but if I'm missing something, please let me know.

I'm assuming they would help in situations where you have to roll down the window a bit and it's raining outside like at a fast food drive-thru. Usually the door trim gets wet.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I'm assuming they would help in situations where you have to roll down the window a bit and it's raining outside like at a fast food drive-thru. Usually the door trim gets wet.
Smokers can crack the window and smoke without getting wet too?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
No need for these. You have to press the button twice to turn the engine off while driving. Just don't press it, it's easier than you think
or just glue a thumbtack to it....

yes I've shut mine off when driving. Attempted double tap to put into sport mode, did the double tap on/off PB.

:oops:

it does give you a warning but if you're hooning with music blasting it's easy to overlook.

Last edited: