GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
When do I NEED to replace my clutch? It slips in 1st and 2nd if I launch the car, but works fine under normal driving conditions. Is it safe to drive as-is (no fun driving...)? Or can its condition lead to more problems?

GoatPowder

Ready to race!
When do I NEED to replace my clutch? It slips in 1st and 2nd if I launch the car, but works fine under normal driving conditions. Is it safe to drive as-is (no fun driving...)? Or can its condition lead to more problems?

If you wait you have no chance of reusing the flywheel and can't really get on it when you want to. That's about it. Nothing that shouldn't be replaced with the clutch anyway will get damaged.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I assume eventually you'll damage flywheel....and will fail at an inconvenient time/place. If it's waiting till you can afford it ok, but if just waiting because you don't want to replace it soon

RobC2017

Passed Driver's Ed
How's this for a silly question...

Just wondering if there is a max number of mp3 files that the entertainment system will recognize?

I've got quite a few mp3 files on a sd card and just noticed that files I added recently aren't showing on the selection menu.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
How's this for a silly question...

Just wondering if there is a max number of mp3 files that the entertainment system will recognize?

I've got quite a few mp3 files on a sd card and just noticed that files I added recently aren't showing on the selection menu.

Shouldn't be any limit, however the mp3 does need to have the proper metadata tagged on it for the infotainment to recognize it.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
there is a limit but it's in the thousands I believe...correct format on card? sure they are on card?

This is from the manual for MIB2 for my 2016 R. Should be identical for '17 (even though the hardware did change). '18 and up - no idea, the system went through some software changes/upgrades, so this might not be accurate.

blergrd

Ready to race!
Do mods like canards, front splitters, rear diffusers, and bigger spoiler wings really help with street driving or would it only benefit in race type conditions? Or are they mainly cosmetic if on,y used for day to day driving ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I would think that they would mainly be for cosmetics. That's what I bought my lip spoiler for. The lip and wing would have to be bigger than what's commonly available...and you'd have to be driving pretty fast to them to actually work. I mean how fast do you drive on your commute to work or when running errands?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
cosmetic unless at track speeds...then they require science to be help > harm.

get them if you are willing to spend the $ on looks.

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
For the hell of it, I ran misfire sum counter and number of misfires on cylinders 1-4 on my OBEleven. After my 10 mile highway drive, it showed misfire sum counter at 0, but cylinders one and four each had one (1) misfire each. Plugs are 27k miles old... Are single digit misfires an issue or only something to address when we're 10+ misfires and the counter is constantly climbing as you drive?

mlutalo279

I bought engine for Golf R it has no sticker of CJX but he fitted my. Old turbo of the old engine is there any physical difference of golf R and GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobC2017

Passed Driver's Ed
This is from the manual for MIB2 for my 2016 R. Should be identical for '17 (even though the hardware did change). '18 and up - no idea, the system went through some software changes/upgrades, so this might not be accurate.

WOW!! Thanks for all the info.
I must have run into the 1000 files limit, there are about 2800 mp3's on the sd card. I'll try splitting them up into 3 sub-directories which should solve the problem.
Thanks!