GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Can't find a definitive answer, but what does Sport Mode do in a 6MT? I am not talking about the stiffer steering, lighting and soundaktor. Specifically, what does the Drive Train option to Sport do in the 6MT?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Can't find a definitive answer, but what does Sport Mode do in a 6MT? I am not talking about the stiffer steering, lighting and soundaktor. Specifically, what does the Drive Train option to Sport do in the 6MT?

You are NOT talking about those things? The steering, soundaktor, and lighting? It also ~supposedly~ alters throttle response.

But aside from the things you mentioned, it doesn’t do anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
How do you get to the performance monitor on a MK7.5? On my MK7 I pressed car 3 times.
Thank you

Press car and then there is a drop down meny in the lower left with all the options. You might have to flip from lap timer to performance monitor.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
How do you all document your oil changes etc when you do them DIY? Say you ordered the Liqui Moli oil change kit from ShopDap for your 30k oil change. Do you just print out the receipt and keep it with your owners manual? Anything else I should do in case the dealer ever makes me prove it was done?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
How do you all document your oil changes etc when you do them DIY? Say you ordered the Liqui Moli oil change kit from ShopDap for your 30k oil change. Do you just print out the receipt and keep it with your owners manual? Anything else I should do in case the dealer ever makes me prove it was done?

First, it's so unlikely to have any issues that would call this into question in the first place and second, you just need to keep the receipts and document if you DIY. I keep a spreadsheet with mileage, date, details of what I did, etc. That's all you need. Pics could be good too with your odo/receipt in the photo.

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
First, it's so unlikely to have any issues that would call this into question in the first place and second, you just need to keep the receipts and document if you DIY. I keep a spreadsheet with mileage, date, details of what I did, etc. That's all you need. Pics could be good too with your odo/receipt in the photo.

It's not that unlikely for dealers to try to get out of major warranty repairs if you are unable to provide proof of timely oil changes if DIY

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
What are some preventative maintenance items that are essential or recommended for higher mileage MK7’s? I’m going to hit 69k pretty soon and have done a lot of maintenance already, what are some things I should look at, inspect, change, etc?

RobC2017

Passed Driver's Ed
I just discovered the ASR traction control on/off option. The car drives so much better with it turned off. Yes.. I'm playing in the snow :)

Is there a way to have it stay turned off or will I have to turn it off everytime I start the car?

Thx

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Reverts to on everytime reboot. But u can code the button to completely disable stability control (ESC).

Ketchup

Passed Driver's Ed

Use an app on your phone like AUTOsist, Fuelly, etc. Many of these let you take pictures of receipts. I use Autosist on iPhone (aCar on Android) to track everything I do to my cars.

Always with you and easy access in case someone asks.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

I have a google doc with things like mileage service was performed, actions performed when I did the maintenance. Sounds like there are better things out there, apps that take pictures ect. I threw out the receipts. I would hope if there was some kinda warranty conversation that owner has some records if your DIY otherwise you make by SOL

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
What are some preventative maintenance items that are essential or recommended for higher mileage MK7’s? I’m going to hit 69k pretty soon and have done a lot of maintenance already, what are some things I should look at, inspect, change, etc?

What have you done so far? Carbon cleaning for sure if you haven't yet. I would do a whole new suspension at 80K, including bushings from Powerflex/Superpro. but that's not "maintenance," per se lol

edrex

Ready to race!
If I’m flashing a new map with Cobb AP does the current map need to be on the AP too? I just deleted all the old and unused maps off my unit but wanted to check before I actually flash the new map