GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Personally, I'd pay more just for the lighting package. That was what made me go for the 2017 Sport (LP + PP) over the base S. You can get aftermarket reps, but I love the tech of the OEM LP.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

True i love the LED lights on my Mk7.5.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'm about to pick up a new 18 GTI S manual with $4K off, it has 300 miles on it. Would that bother you? this is a manual, that's my concern.

300 miles would bother me without a solid explanation.

gti_1789

Passed Driver's Ed
It’s my first snow owning a car...is it necessary to pull up the windshield wipers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
You can't on the MK7's as the blades will hit the back of the hood.

However, I do that on my other cars after driving and more snow on the way so that the wipers do not freeze onto the glass.

You definitely can and should pull up the wipers on MK7s. After turning the car off, but before you open your door, tap the wiper stalk. The wipers will come up and stay up. Then get out and pull them away from the glass. VW has had wipers this way for over a decade.

1za h4

Passed Driver's Ed
I am not sure if this is a stupid question or not:

I just picked up a CPO 2017 GTI Sport in CSG, and I noticed there is only a GTI side-badge on the passenger side fender...there is another mk7 GTI down the street from me (CSG as well) and he has the side badge on both fenders.

Is this a year/trim difference, or did my badge get removed for some reason?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Badge is missing

Lvetterling

Ready to race!
I am not sure if this is a stupid question or not:

I just picked up a CPO 2017 GTI Sport in CSG, and I noticed there is only a GTI side-badge on the passenger side fender...there is another mk7 GTI down the street from me (CSG as well) and he has the side badge on both fenders.

Is this a year/trim difference, or did my badge get removed for some reason?

In my opinion they look better/cleaner without them anyways. Just remove the other one. Or, get a new one depending on which you like better. They aren’t expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
How do I change the interior light bulbs? I can't seem to figure out how to pop off the plastic covers. :D

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Does my car have autostart? if so, how do I make it work? :D

1za h4

Passed Driver's Ed
Probably got ripped off in a car wash, they’re just stuck on with tape. Tell your dealer to give you another or just take the other off.

Thanks for the info, I figured this was the issue.

Also another "stupid" question:

I attempted to remove the front license plate holder since they are not required in my state and of course it was drilled into the bumper.

Do you think it would be possible to contact the dealer and ask them to have this repaired since it was unknown to me at time of purchase? Maybe trade the missing badge issue for a bumper repair?