GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI vs Mercedes A 250 Hatch

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
You have been considering a GTI for over 4 years now. I dont see what the point of this thread is if the other threads didnt convince you.

The GTI has been proven and reviewed as one of, if not the all round best car in its class from many car review publications.

I personally wouldnt want to buy the least expensive offering from a luxury manufacturer in its first production year of a new generation

daisoma

Passed Driver's Ed
It's a good comparison actually on paper. I can almost be certain the GTI will be more fun

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
You have been considering a GTI for over 4 years now. I dont see what the point of this thread is if the other threads didnt convince you.

The GTI has been proven and reviewed as one of, if not the all round best car in its class from many car review publications.

I personally wouldnt want to buy the least expensive offering from a luxury manufacturer in its first production year of a new generation

LOL!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
In Canada they are priced somewhat similarly. The A 250 has similar specs (221 hp, 0-100 km/h in 6.2 sec) but only comes with automatic.

Which car would you choose? I wonder how the long-term cost of ownership will compare between the 2 cars.

https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/vehicles/class/a-class/hatch

Who fucking cares. End thread. You're not even driving a GTI and have been a forum member for 4+ years with only 8 posts. WTF?

ELHOTA

Passed Driver's Ed
Who fucking cares. End thread. You're not even driving a GTI and have been a forum member for 4+ years with only 8 posts. WTF?

Tsk tsk.. Let's not get testy shall we? All I'm asking for is unbiased, intelligent and objective opinions and healthy discussion. No need to get so nosey and agitated.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
You're asking for an unbiased, intelligent and objective opinion in a car forum? If you find one let me know. ;)

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
You would think after 4 years, you’d pick a car already. Lol it’s also going to be more biased towards the GTI here

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Tsk tsk.. Let's not get testy shall we? All I'm asking for is unbiased, intelligent and objective opinions and healthy discussion. No need to get so nosey and agitated.

Now i have to recap some history. 9 posts, 4 new threads in 4 years and you have replied once in all of the threads you created. Have you even read all the other replies in your previous threads.

You come here, ask a question and go into your hole. Well, you come back later just to create another thread.

ELHOTA

Passed Driver's Ed
Now i have to recap some history. 9 posts, 4 new threads in 4 years and you have replied once in all of the threads you created. Have you even read all the other replies in your previous threads.

You come here, ask a question and go into your hole. Well, you come back later just to create another thread.

And the vitriol continues...

The thread shall continue. LOL

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
To everyone out here (other than OP), below is a post from another thread. He is planning to buy a vehicle in the next 4-5 years.

I'm looking at a 4-5 year time frame because that is around the time frame that the 2019/2020 price will depreciate to my budget that I am willing to pay for it. Also, my currently reliable 2007 model car with low mileage should be due to be traded in at that time. Also I'm open to considering the Mk8 if it falls within my budget.