GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

ZoomnRx

'99 VR6
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Probably a dumb question but I’d rather have the answer. I bought a TCR exhaust for my 2019 GTI. @GTI Jake will that bolt up directly to your oem fitment resonated midpipe?

bradbusa

Car(s)
17 gti
Another happy customer of Jake’s checking in here. I was rocking an ARM down pipe with stock exhaust and after a few weeks just wasn’t really happy with the final result. Jake was super quick to respond, and even shipped my mid pipe out the same day I sent payment to him. Can’t recommend him enough. I put a quick video together showing the install process as well as some before/after clips. The volume didn’t really change much - maybe a tickle quieter. But the annoying tones disappeared entirely.
Thanks, again Jake!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Probably a dumb question but I’d rather have the answer. I bought a TCR exhaust for my 2019 GTI. @GTI Jake will that bolt up directly to your oem fitment resonated midpipe?

There’s no option where you would be able to not cut your OEM exhaust (just pairing my MP to the TCR).

Each of those parts being roughly 1/3rd of the catback you still need the middle 1/3rd in there. The video posted just above this does a great job at showing that, thanks again @bradbusa

ZoomnRx

'99 VR6
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Thanks @GTI Jake for clarifying. I wasn't sure if your mid pipe would extend all the way to the muffler. @bradbusa 's video helps give a great visual. Since I have a 2019 GTI, bolting up the TCR isn't as straight forward so I was looking for an option that was easier since I haven't had any luck finding a 2018 stock cat back locally.

ZoomnRx

'99 VR6
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
I was under the impression TCR was 60mm
Everything I read was that it is 65 mm because the 2018 GTI still used the 65 mm piping from the mk7. I’ll measure and share with the group for education when I get it in hand.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Everything I read was that it is 65 mm because the 2018 GTI still used the 65 mm piping from the mk7. I’ll measure and share with the group for education when I get it in hand.
Bolted right up on my 18 without a problem.

VW parts vortex lists a different part number for 19-21 on the mid pipe and rear muffler. 18 shares mid pipe with the mk7.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

15-18 is 65mm & 19-21 is 60mm on normal GTI.

TCR on the other hand is gonna be up to someone who owns one to confirm

ZoomnRx

'99 VR6
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
15-18 is 65mm & 19-21 is 60mm on normal GTI.

TCR on the other hand is gonna be up to someone who owns one to confirm
Just for the record on the thread. Those measurements are correct as expected from Jake. Couldn't find a clamp or reducer to connect it myself for a 65 mm to 60 mm connection so I'm getting it welded on later this week.

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
This is going to sound dumb, but wanted to ask and make sure. I was able to pick up an AWE DP and Switchpath. I want to get a resonator welded in. Is the Vibrant 17950 the one I want and will it fit in a 7.5R? The shop I talked to was concerned that it might not fit because of the driveshaft.