GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

RAY_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Who sells OEM facelift taillights at a good price?
thank you

I got my kit from ebay for 419 euro.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I have the lights installed for a while now. With JBales harness and original coding.

I’m now getting a dash warning saying my left drl is out if I have my turn signals on for a while and it’s cold.
I get out of the car and look the lights are on. Turning car off/on causes error to go away.

I remember there was mention about an updated coding instruction that fixes an error similar to this. Does anyone have the updated coding I can try?

Thanks!

JBale

Ready to race!
I have the lights installed for a while now. With JBales harness and original coding.

I’m now getting a dash warning saying my left drl is out if I have my turn signals on for a while and it’s cold.
I get out of the car and look the lights are on. Turning car off/on causes error to go away.

I remember there was mention about an updated coding instruction that fixes an error similar to this. Does anyone have the updated coding I can try?

Thanks!

If it is saying a DRL is out, it is likely not because of your tail light set up. DRL should only be referenced with the headlights.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I just added the VW Kit to the first tab and cleaned some stuff up. Apologies for not updating sooner, been sidetracked with other things. I've asked ZERO815 a while ago if he wanted me to add him to the first page as an option for harnesses but he preferred to be left off. If theres anything anyone wants me to change or add feel free to let me know. At this point these lights are much easier to get than when the thread was originally started and the facelift models weren't even available here in the US.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
If it is saying a DRL is out, it is likely not because of your tail light set up. DRL should only be referenced with the headlights.

Ah ok! I'll double check the error next time it pops up. Possible that it is my headlight, the bodyshop did drop one this spring.

davewg

Ready to race!
I was searching part #s for the tails today, and cars245.com has two version. OEM and Magnetti Marelli.

It's hard to tell, but the MM appear to be darker tinted. Anyone know if this is the case? It's enough of a savings for the MM parts that I'm tempted to go that route. I have the right hand set, so if they don't match....

TIA

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone have the ECS Harness working on their GTI with these tail lights? They seem to be much cheaper than DAP or USP. Is it a quality harness? Does the rear fog light work with it?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/ecs-tuning-led-tail-light-harness-kit/011738ecs01-01kt/

Those are for the Mk7 to Mk7 Euro tails. They will not plug into the OEM Mk7.5 tails as the 7.5 tails have different connectors.

This harness should work with the Mk7.5 reps from Aliexpress that have Mk7 connectors - according to some forum members who have tried.

Regarding rear fog light, this is from the ECS webpage "Also features Rear Fog trigger wire."

You will still need tails that have the rear fog and also a Euro light switch as the NAR switch does not have rear fog.

Moto Mikey

Those are for the Mk7 to Mk7 Euro tails. They will not plug into the OEM Mk7.5 tails as the 7.5 tails have different connectors.

This harness should work with the Mk7.5 reps from Aliexpress that have Mk7 connectors - according to some forum members who have tried.

Regarding rear fog light, this is from the ECS webpage "Also features Rear Fog trigger wire."

You will still need tails that have the rear fog and also a Euro light switch as the NAR switch does not have rear fog.

Great, thanks!

disturbedfan121

Okay, 177 pages to read through for my simple question. I have a NA mk7.5 with led tails. I want the led tails with amber turn signal that I can make sequential (from inner to out). What do I need lol

civicdrivr

Ready to race!
I did a bit of searching but came up empty. I have a 2018 R that I installed dynamic tails on about a week ago using the ShopDAP 7.5 harness. I then attempted to do the manual coding, per the DAP instructions, but was having a strange issue with the turn signals where the left would flash normally, but the right signal would be staggered with the front. For example:

Left= all left on; all left off; all left on; all left off (aka normal)
Right= front and mirror on, rear off; front and mirror off, rear on

So I then decided to use the one touch coding through the OBD11 app, which fixed almost everything. The turn signals behave normally now, but they also illuminate whenever I hit the brakes. I'm assuming this is a coding issue, and hoping that it's not a harness issue. Anyone have any insight?

https://youtu.be/_PaWzMPg6z4

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I did a bit of searching but came up empty. I have a 2018 R that I installed dynamic tails on about a week ago using the ShopDAP 7.5 harness. I then attempted to do the manual coding, per the DAP instructions, but was having a strange issue with the turn signals where the left would flash normally, but the right signal would be staggered with the front. For example:

Left= all left on; all left off; all left on; all left off (aka normal)
Right= front and mirror on, rear off; front and mirror off, rear on

So I then decided to use the one touch coding through the OBD11 app, which fixed almost everything. The turn signals behave normally now, but they also illuminate whenever I hit the brakes. I'm assuming this is a coding issue, and hoping that it's not a harness issue. Anyone have any insight?

https://youtu.be/_PaWzMPg6z4

I guess your issue with the manual coding was the following:
Lichtfunktion A 24 was set to "Blinken rechts Dunkelphase" instead of "Blinken rechts Hellphase". Hellphase is the "bright" phase and Dunkelphase the "dark" phase. All the other turn signals were set to Hellphase.

Your current issue sounds like there are more light channels set to brake light than needed. Please check Leuchte23 and Leuchte24 channels for "brake light" settings and replace them with "not active".

Last edited: