GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone successfully spliced in rear fog functionality to the jbale harness?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Because of the lack of wires to the rear tail lights on a Mk7 (pre-facelift), it will never happen unless you run the a wire from the BCM into the hatch. On the Mk7.5 (facelift) cars, I would have to check but I believe they have one or two extra wires which means it maybe possible.

Last edited:

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
Glad to finally join the LED club

Attachments

• 45222107634_53ea7c6faa_z.jpg
    45222107634_53ea7c6faa_z.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 601

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Has anyone successfully spliced in rear fog functionality to the jbale harness?

When you ordered from jbale you should have specified no fog, 1 fog or dual fog. I'm kind of surprised he didn't ask you.

My 17R with a jbale harness with rear fog:

wph5939

When you ordered from jbale you should have specified no fog, 1 fog or dual fog. I'm kind of surprised he didn't ask you.

My 17R with a jbale harness with rear fog:

I emailed him, and he said he doesn't have a rear fog capability for the 7.5...and no work around.
Tried a power sensor on the harnesses and couldn't figure it out, maybe it's because I still need to code a fog to get power down the harness.

Meh, perhaps I'll just get a different harness down the road, everything else works fine.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
NA MK7.5s have two wires more from the factory than NA MK7s. It makes it even easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I emailed him, and he said he doesn't have a rear fog capability for the 7.5...and no work around.
Tried a power sensor on the harnesses and couldn't figure it out, maybe it's because I still need to code a fog to get power down the harness.

Meh, perhaps I'll just get a different harness down the road, everything else works fine.

Sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drag

Mine finally came in. I designed and built my own harness (MK7.5-MK7.5) with provisions for additional signals to the BCM in the future. I used the harness that came with the kit and added the necessary wires. This made it easy to gauge the lengths before even starting the install.

Everything works great and if anyone wants any info I'm happy to share. I would still recommend buying a premade harness from Zero to save time but I wanted a challenge and this is my kind of work.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Mine finally came in. I designed and built my own harness (MK7.5-MK7.5)
I'm your twin from the west coast

Varinn

Passed Driver's Ed
Received mine from e-acca yesterday and couldn't wait to do the install so I finished it off before the sun went down. I'm not as smart as the rest of you guys so I bought a pre-made harness from Zero815 and I'll give a brief review here. The guy is fantastic. He's extremely helpful, the harness was made with beautiful quality and shipped out lightning quick. He offers customization and helps to clarify the coding.

During the install I borked an adaptation when I accidentally set the Leuchte17 Lichtfunktion A17 to "Blinken rechts Hellphase" when it was supposed to be "Blinken links Hellphase". A quick email to Zero and in less than 5 minutes he had responded with the solution.

10/10 service. I would never hesitate to direct someone his way for a harness. I'm sure the other sellers for these are good too but for the service and ease of install I'll go with Zero every time.

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Did you order the full set from e-acca? Or each light individual? Looks great. Already have my zero harness and waiting for after the holidays to purchase the lights.

Varinn

Passed Driver's Ed
Full set from e-acca. They are PN 5G1052200C and come in a nice VW box with pictures on the outside and description. The set includes all 4 lights with a fog lamp on the left but I am not using the fog.

The reverse lights are symmetrical in size so for all intents when you are not using fog lights the two sides look exactly the same

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Awesome that was my plan. Thanks. I can't remember which harness I got to be honest so that should be interesting when installing. Ha.