GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Missfire with new plugs

NoGasNoGo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I just I stalled the IE recommended plugs in my 15 GTI running stage 2 IE. It now has missfies on 3 cylinders, ran fine before. All connectors secure, any ideas?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Did you remember to get the recommended coil grounding kit? :ROFLMAO:

But in all seriousness what drew said..also what did you torque the sparkplugs at?

NoGasNoGo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Just stock grounding. Didn't torque them, just tightened them up good. Swapped the stock plugs back in and have same problem with them now. I'm assuming I damaged the coil pack boots. They were really stuck in there and took alot of force to pull out.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Just stock grounding. Didn't torque them, just tightened them up good. Swapped the stock plugs back in and have same problem with them now. I'm assuming I damaged the coil pack boots. They were really stuck in there and took alot of force to pull out.
Easy enough to swap a coil and find out. If you did it on a cold engine, that's probable.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I don't care what IE says, try gapping your plugs to .024 and torque your plugs to 22 ft-lbs. Also, remove your coils ONLY when the engine is warm!
This. I also bought the (probably unnecessary) tool, but of all the times I've had to pull VW coils, this most recent was the easiest.

NoGasNoGo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Basically. I was feeling what I assumed were some slight misfires occasionally. Nothing major, and not bad enough to store a code. It was time to do an oil change so I went ahead and ordered the plugs with it. Now I have hard missfires with either set of plugs. The boots did stick on the plugs and took quite a bit of force to remove, so I can see that being the cause...I don't know ow for sure.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Basically. I was feeling what I assumed were some slight misfires occasionally. Nothing major, and not bad enough to store a code. It was time to do an oil change so I went ahead and ordered the plugs with it. Now I have hard missfires with either set of plugs. The boots did stick on the plugs and took quite a bit of force to remove, so I can see that being the cause...I don't know ow for sure.
Probably not, that's just pressure from the rubber.