GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Member List By State Thread

swcrow

Drag Racing Champion
Hey ya'll...to make it easier, I converted the member list to a google doc that is open to everyone.

Please click the link below to view the most up to date list. I will still receive PMs from members who want to be added, and will update the doc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Ogrv8b7GetWsR13EhuDcToZu9xTc6_4b2tAGtUTjNE/edit?usp=sharing

Background:
So over on clubB5 back in my Passat days, we had a master list of all the members by state and then city....which was a sticky thread for quick reference for those traveling. It helped multiple folks that needed an extra coil pack on a family vacation, VCDS help or even for those that had a massive break down away from home and their tools and needed immediate help. It was completely voluntary for those that didn't mind being reached out to, especially for those that have automotive tools and know-how.

I'd be the collector through PMs of those willing to participate and will transcribe everything below in a format like this:

state:
city - screenname (real name); level tools and skills; notes

So the ranking will be slightly subjective, but some general guidelines to see where you fall (open to suggestions):

Basic tools - standard stuff like sockets, wrenches, metric and SAE, jack stands, low profile jack

Mid-level tools - same as basic plus air/compressor, impact wrench, VCDS, OBDeleven Pro, etc

Advanced tools - mid-level plus service specific tool sets, MIG/TIG weld, engine hoist, etc

Basic knowledge - must consult YouTube/Google, maybe can do brakes without assistance

Mid-level knowledge - basic plus suspension experience, wiring and fuse knowledge, stereo install knowledge, clutch swap

Advanced knowledge - mid-level plus professional experience (job), fabrication experience, successful engine rebuilds or just an old guy who builds classic cars

Up front notice - those that are listed below are offering their assistance/tools/skills when they are able. They are not your "on call" indie shop

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Ride
2015 GTI; 2003 Saab
Kansass
- diggs24 (diggs24, yes you will call me that IRL); no tools and no knowledge; no garage, You really want me working on your car? lol.

mk7_bk

Drag Race Newbie
Kansass

- diggs24 (diggs24, yes you will call me that IRL); no tools and no knowledge; no garage, You really want me working on your car? lol.

I guess its good ill never be in kansas then :/ be sick to do some 3rd gear pulls just to see my iats go through the roof with the legend himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
Maybe update mine that if anyone wants to stop by, I'll toss in a free foam canon car wash. :D

It's honestly been a long time since I got to wrench on cars often. Grew up with beaters and had to fix them constantly, moved to a new car out of college so I've been stuck with normal wear and tear and the odd thing breaking.

PerceivedShift

Ready to race!
How do we discern tool and knowledge level?

For example, I've done a clutch swap on my GTI, I'm guessing that might put me in mid-level or entry? XD

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
How do we discern tool and knowledge level?

For example, I've done a clutch swap on my GTI, I'm guessing that might put me in mid-level or entry? XD
Probably doesn't matter too much. Anyone wanting to use your place should know what they're doing and mainly just need a place to work and some tools.