GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LSG GTi PP

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered 25-07-2014 taking delivery 22-10-2014 

So 3 months, can’t quibble about that.

Ordered from Orange Wheels with a £4000.00 discount.

GTi 3 Door Performance Pack Limestone Grey

Black Leather

Dynamic Chassis Control

Keyless Entry

Rear View Camera

High Beam Assist

Dynaudio Soundpack

Discover Pro Navigation

Winter Pack

Advanced Telephone Prep

Collecting tomorrow, really looking forward to it.

Will be getting a professional valet/prep done as soon as practical.

Pictures will be posted if the weather allows.

Been lurking here for a while reading about everyone else's GTi, will be great to get my hands on my own tomorrow. Seems a lifetime since we test drove one.

Cheers,

Terry

Jaxon2

Way to hold your ground on the Mini! Congrats on the upcoming GTI, I'm sure there will be no regrets. Sure wish we could spec our NA GTI's like you folks can. That Limestone Grey looks awesome too. Enjoy and please post pics!

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
:cool: Terry, welcome to the forum, did you go for the climate screen too, or just the ATC?
Are you in North Brum?

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed
Way to hold your ground on the Mini!

Holding my ground wasn't particularly difficult with the stealer.
Had ordered a Cooper S fully loaded with dark brown leather upholstery and dark brown accents on the doors and dash. Not a cheap car.

Arrived at the stealer.

Fawning Salesman says "beautiful car your going to be really pleased"

Me "its got the wrong seats"

The seats were green tartan cloth but it still had the dark brown accents on the doors and dash.

FS "well there have been so many changes to the spec since you ordered"
Me "I have not changed a thing since I ordered"
FS "I'm going to do everything I can to make sure you are satisfied"

Runs away to get the manager.
Manager could not drag himself away from his office.

FS "well fill it up with petrol"
Me "you are joking............... your not are you ?"

Me "I'm afraid the car looks like it has had an accident in the toilet block of a kilt factory, you can keep it. Anything further to offer ?"

FS "No"
Me "Goodbye"

There was more to this story but I won't bore you. I will not be going back to that stealer again.

In the next 12 months we will also be ordering a Sirocco and a Polo.
BMW's loss is VW's gain.

Cheers,

Terry

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed
:cool: Terry, welcome to the forum, did you go for the climate screen too, or just the ATC?
Are you in North Brum?

Many thanks.
No didn't spec the climate screen, phone stays in my pocket during short journeys. Mobile phone reception is important to me so I passed on this item.
Southwest closer to Kidderminster.

Cheers,

Terry

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Many thanks.
No didn't spec the climate screen, phone stays in my pocket during short journeys. Mobile phone reception is important to me so I passed on this item.
Southwest closer to Kidderminster.

Cheers,

Terry

The ATC works when the handset is in the holder as it gives outside signal to the handset , the phone will work in your pocket though, I was in Kiddy today, love the drive over there, sometimes go to Droitwich.
ATC is good though, it's one of those 'invisible' options, my mate has an A5 , 9 times out of 10 his calls will drop.

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed
After a rather painful train journey collected the car from VW Swindon, they were everything you would expect from a dealer, excellent.
Mostly drove cross country to get home, where's the fun in motorways these days ?
Really, really impressed and pleased.
Love the colour.
Surprised that the lights move to point around the corner, I did not expect that.
Paired up with my iPhone 5s no problem, all contacts up loaded, quality of calls is brilliant compared to cars i have used before. Also impressed that contacts addresses are copied over and you can select them as a destination.

So impressed with the way it handles, to me it drives like a bigger car but still remains nippy like a hatchback. Just enough feedback to feel what is going on but nothing jarring.

Fighting my son for who gets to drive it, that will be an on-going battle. :)

Some small photos, it was a bit grubby after the drive home:
IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

160 Miles today will post again when I have done a few more.

Cheers,

Terry

Nyanga

Ready to race!
Terry,

Like your pics. That colour grows on one.

Any tips for when doing pick-up of car from dealer? ( Mine should be ready in 10 days.)

What did VW Swindon do that was so good?

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed
Terry,

Like your pics. That colour grows on one.

Any tips for when doing pick-up of car from dealer? ( Mine should be ready in 10 days.)

What did VW Swindon do that was so good?

I wasn't sure about the colour. originally had ordered a lighter shade, Titanium ? Silver but changed it after seeing pictures here. I think the configurator does it no favours making it look like it has a greenish hue, which it certainly doesn't in the flesh.

No real tips, just take a copy of your original sales order and check everything is there.

They were professional and to the point. We went out for a drive in the car and the salesman made sure I was comfortable with all aspects. No bullshit just what you need, all questions answered.

I have dealt with a lot of car sales organisations over the last few years, on the whole my experience has been that a lot of them are a slightly less developed form of human life than estate agents, which I would have normally quoted as the lowest common denominator. I am somewhat jaded to the whole process.

But there are exceptions, I would count VW Swindon amongst those. Throughout the whole process they have been courteous, informative and professional. I will buy more cars from them, even though it will always involve a train journey for me. If this was eBay they would be getting glowing positive feedback with 5 stars all round.

In my business customer service is both challenging and critical. I have little respect for so called sales people who have no grasp of such concepts but will always return to those that do.

Rant over !
If you hadn't gathered I have had a number of bad experiences buying cars, today brought the pleasure back to the process.

Cheers,

Terry

Exonian1

Passed Driver's Ed
I very nearly ordered my GTI in this colour having had a Steel (United) Grey MK5 and MK6 GTI previously (not really intentional as both were bought used!) and I loved that colour. I was put off as a guy in work, who is the only other MK7 Golf owner in the place, has a GT in LSG so didn't want to be too similar to that one and therefore went for white which shows the lines off really well.
The GTI looks great in LSG and I'm quite swayed by the front mud flaps which are very discreet so may get a set fitted at my first service - I live on a building site which was dry and dusty all summer wrecking the white paint and is now a mud bath!!!!

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
Great car, congrats

The colour is a good addition to the red badges, don't need to say any more about the colour as I like it too. Like the front mud flaps also, as they don't stand out too much.