GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low Oil Pressure issues

vagmotorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
I wonder if anyone here has seen this issue and have a fix for it.

We have a Golf 7R and a Golf 7 GTi (stock car) with low oil pressure issues, We have replaced all the oil pressure sensors as well as the oil pump, cover and oil cooler on both cars. As soon as the cars get to 100 degrees it throws a low oil pressure light. I have checked oil pressure manually and it has pressure.

any advise would be appreciated.

vagmotorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
We have checked oil pressure and its 1.5BAR when cold and goes to 0.22 when above 80 on idle. If we rev the car pressure goes up but light is triggered when the car is at idle

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
Try this. Find a good working mk7 without oil pressure issues. Pull it's oil filter housing and the rod inside. Leave the rod alone. Install the housing on one of the cars, clear codes. See if that fixes it.
I’ve heard that vw changed the filter housing design in later years because the older style had issues(presumably oil pressure issues)

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
If issue on both cars and you are a constant id guess its something you did or failed to do on both cars.

Go back and think when did you first notice it on each car? What oil are you using? And where did you get it?

Car history? Did you buy the cars w this issue?

Last edited:

littco

Ready to race!
I wonder if anyone here has seen this issue and have a fix for it.

We have a Golf 7R and a Golf 7 GTi (stock car) with low oil pressure issues, We have replaced all the oil pressure sensors as well as the oil pump, cover and oil cooler on both cars. As soon as the cars get to 100 degrees it throws a low oil pressure light. I have checked oil pressure manually and it has pressure.

any advise would be appreciated.
You are aware these engines have a 2 stage oil pump and they are low pressure to around 3400rpm? So maybe the pump valve is faulty?

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
You are aware these engines have a 2 stage oil pump and they are low pressure to around 3400rpm? So maybe the pump valve is faulty?
You can check it via OBDeleven, I don’t remember where though.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Seems pretty strange it's both cars. What brand of oil are you using and what is the weight.

vagmotorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
If issue on both cars and you are a constant id guess its something you did or failed to do on both cars.

Go back and think when did you first notice it on each car? What oil are you using? And where did you get it?

Car history? Did you buy the cars w this issue?

These cars were at VW before they were brought to us and they could not fix the issue so customers brought to us to check if we could help. Liqui Moly 5W40 oil.