GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loose bolt after Dealer service

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Missing that one is like forgetting to wipe one's ass after taking a shit. Smh.
you would think people wouldn't forget to do that but i found an unflushed turd in the toilet this year it wasnt the fact that it was unflushed it was the fact it had no toilet paper surrounding it so someone took a shit and pulled their pants up and went on with their day. i couldnt believe my eyes. people are fucked up. nothing surprises me anymore except when people do the right thing. but that's the society we live in now, we celebrate people for doing the right thing. that's the syndrome of 2nd place trophies. we all suffer. woe is me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
you would think people wouldn't forget to do that but i found an unflushed turd in the toilet this year it wasnt the fact that it was unflushed it was the fact it had no toilet paper surrounding it so someone took a shit and pulled their pants up and went on with their day. i couldnt believe my eyes. people are fucked up. nothing surprises me anymore except when people do the right thing. but that's the society we live in now, we celebrate people for doing the right thing. that's the syndrome of 2nd place trophies. we all suffer. woe is me.
I was just about to fix something to eat. I'm going to wait awhile now. 😂

BlackT5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I won't let anyone touch my vehicles for these reasons. It has to be a serious warranty issue that I don't want to cover the cost fixing it on my own to get me back to the dealer.

Pleatia

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GMC, VW Wkendr, mk7
Before relocating I tried a VW specialty shop for a oil change on my Eurovan. In mid Nebraska they charged ridiculous dealer rates and also left the oil filler cap cover off of the engine cover. One of the rear wheels had some new scratches too. I informed the the oil change was a test run for future work at their shop and they totally jacked up trust by something as simple as a cover.
I was back in Denver and called to find my oil filler cap cover and they were like, oh yeah,we have it and forgot. My next trip I stopped. To get my cover and they wanted to put it on and I told them no as I was driving the GMC. Needless to say these small city corn cobs will never see the Eurovan or the new Golf. Or the GMC!
I chalked it up to lazy slovenly workmanship. Fortunately there are a couple of other excellent shops in town with competent mechanics that will see these vehicles.
I have run into VW shops like this in the past and learned my lesson. I have also been in VW shops that scared me and they were the best mechanics and individuals you could ever meet. You just have to get in there and put the. To the test
I will miss my old mechanic in Denver, about the only thin I will miss!

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
I won't let anyone touch my vehicles for these reasons. It has to be a serious warranty issue that I don't want to cover the cost fixing it on my own to get me back to the dealer.
other than it looking good on the vin report when it's time to trade in, i am honestly debating not even going to the dealership ever again and also skipping the 10000 and 20000 services for this reason

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'd say maybe you could talk them into giving you a free oil change. But do you want a dealership that can't even tighten bolts properly to work on your car again?
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck no....on an oil pan bolt especially?

other than it looking good on the vin report when it's time to trade in, i am honestly debating not even going to the dealership ever again and also skipping the 10000 and 20000 services for this reason
Just find another location

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I have been watching this thread and resisted posting, but felt it was necessary.

I have 21 years as a dealer tech and have been on both sides of the fence, made a thread here about my experience recently. While yes there are some poor and uncaring techs at dealers, a product of the flat rate environment, there are just as many poor independent techs as well. Most uncaring indie shops will tell you to pound sand when you complain since they really don't care about losing your business, being made self evident by their poor care to begin with. At least with the dealer you have manufacturer backing for the most part.

In my tenure at this job I have always made sure to treat every customers car as I would my own, after all lack of trust is why I do this for a living. Now, just because I do my best, I have many customers that request me especially for their performance vehicles, does not make me less human or less prone to mistakes. They happen and sometimes you just happen to be that person it happens to. If I make a mistake in a customers car and they come back to get it looked at I take the time to go apologize right to the customer, because it is what I would want. Fix the mistake and let's move on.

I implore anyone posting in this thread to think if they have never, I mean never, made a mistake at their job. They happen, its life.

To the OP, take it back, talk to the service manager, explain, don't yell, what happen and see how they respond.

Rant over

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The imagery... it hurts!

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Before relocating I tried a VW specialty shop for a oil change on my Eurovan. In mid Nebraska they charged ridiculous dealer rates and also left the oil filler cap cover off of the engine cover. One of the rear wheels had some new scratches too. I informed the the oil change was a test run for future work at their shop and they totally jacked up trust by something as simple as a cover.
I was back in Denver and called to find my oil filler cap cover and they were like, oh yeah,we have it and forgot. My next trip I stopped. To get my cover and they wanted to put it on and I told them no as I was driving the GMC. Needless to say these small city corn cobs will never see the Eurovan or the new Golf. Or the GMC!
I chalked it up to lazy slovenly workmanship. Fortunately there are a couple of other excellent shops in town with competent mechanics that will see these vehicles.
I have run into VW shops like this in the past and learned my lesson. I have also been in VW shops that scared me and they were the best mechanics and individuals you could ever meet. You just have to get in there and put the. To the test
I will miss my old mechanic in Denver, about the only thin I will miss!
Big city corn cobs are no better. No one gives a shit about anything these days.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
what i have learned in life is that nobody will treat your car as good as you will, because it doesnt belong to them so they dont give a shit like you will. it doesnt matter if its an oil change, a car wash, or expensive and extensive warranty work. most people just want to go home and treat their job like a job even when dealing with customers expensive cars. ive also applied this lesson to other areas of my life and it's been swell.

This is true. It's why I teach myself to DIY absolutely everything. Car or otherwise. It's also usually saves money and gives me an ego boost to learn new things - thus making me SUPER AWESOME

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
This is true. It's why I teach myself to DIY absolutely everything. Car or otherwise. It's also usually saves money and gives me an ego boost to learn new things - thus making me SUPER AWESOME
its also a great way to invent new curse words

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Maybe they use a lot of metamucil - that stuff does wonders.

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
I had my air box cover plastic all scratched up after a recent service. Strictly cosmetic but really abnormal scratches..
I took it back and the service manager had them "clean it up". It looked marginally better to me but the service manager was completely happy with this and I could see that was all he was going to do. I was more taken aback with his unwillingness to go above and beyond than his actual lousy solution. Like there was so something wrong with me for mentioning the issue. Not sure where I'll get my car serviced next..I could tell the manager did not care if I go there or not...they stay in business either way.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have been watching this thread and resisted posting, but felt it was necessary.

I have 21 years as a dealer tech and have been on both sides of the fence, made a thread here about my experience recently. While yes there are some poor and uncaring techs at dealers, a product of the flat rate environment, there are just as many poor independent techs as well. Most uncaring indie shops will tell you to pound sand when you complain since they really don't care about losing your business, being made self evident by their poor care to begin with. At least with the dealer you have manufacturer backing for the most part.

In my tenure at this job I have always made sure to treat every customers car as I would my own, after all lack of trust is why I do this for a living. Now, just because I do my best, I have many customers that request me especially for their performance vehicles, does not make me less human or less prone to mistakes. They happen and sometimes you just happen to be that person it happens to. If I make a mistake in a customers car and they come back to get it looked at I take the time to go apologize right to the customer, because it is what I would want. Fix the mistake and let's move on.

I implore anyone posting in this thread to think if they have never, I mean never, made a mistake at their job. They happen, its life.

To the OP, take it back, talk to the service manager, explain, don't yell, what happen and see how they respond.

Rant over

Excellent post and 100% true.