GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
275 per wheel? With tpms installed? Where did you order these. Im thinking 235 35r19s Michelin PSS on these.
We don't have normal tpms sensors. The wheel hub measures diameter of the wheel/tire and alerts the computer when it decreases

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Think you could have done 235/35 R19? How's the ride quality and steering? Any differences? You're on stock suspension right?

Easily could have done 235. Running stock except for H&R Springs. 1.3 drop. No spacers up front (could probably do 3mm spacers. And 7mm spacers in rear (could do 8mm)

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Anyone know if 17-inch Enkei RPF1's will fit over the GTI Performance Package's larger brake rotors? NOTE: I'm looking at 17's not 18's.

The 17" Brooklyn wheels clear the PP brakes. I'm not sure what the specs are on those wheels, but it might give you an idea.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone know if 17-inch Enkei RPF1's will fit over the GTI Performance Package's larger brake rotors? NOTE: I'm looking at 17's not 18's.

Pending delivery of my car I am going to check this via testing fitting a friend's RPF1s.

I wrote to TR before since they did not list the RPF1 as fitting on MK6 Golf R(where as other 17s did get listed, as well as PF01s). TR said that the clearance on Golf R was only 2mm to the caliper on the radial direction, and that will not facilitate wheel weight fitment. I don't know if the new PP has the exact same brake package as MK6 R(IIRC the rotor is listed as being slightly smaller), so that may not be the same.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Not exactly the same, most part numbers have changed and
rotor dia meter now is 340 mm instead of 345. Probably it's
negligible, but who knows.
I'd say, it depends on the specific 17" wheel. Some will fit
(as the the Brooklyn does), some may not.
Bear in mind, some space is required for balancing weights
and even more, when the wheel bearings get some play.

nikhsub11

Banned
Not exactly the same, most part numbers have changed and
rotor dia meter now is 340 mm instead of 345. Probably it's
negligible, but who knows.
I'd say, it depends on the specific 17" wheel. Some will fit
(as the the Brooklyn does), some may not.
Bear in mind, some space is required for balancing weights
and even more, when the wheel bearings get some play.

With 17's on R brakes (or PP now) it isn't the barrel of the wheel that is the issue, it is the spokes. What I mean is 17" diameter wheel will always fit the R brakes, it all depends on if the spokes clear the calipers.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I ordered the Volk Racing RE30 Clubsport II in 17x8 et45.

The RE30 should be 15lbs according to Mackin Industries, the official importer of Volk wheels.

I only have a 1.8T, so the standard wheel is the 15". I'll add a set of VWR springs and I should be good to go.

Tire size will more than likely be 235/45, although I'm not sure if I'll get the Michelin PSS or Conti DW. I have extensive experience with both and I know the PSS are superior, but the DW are on sale and I think that would definitely be enough for this car.

Attachments

• RE30.jpg
    RE30.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 11,711
Last edited:

solaris1

Ready to race!
I ordered the Volk Racing RE30 Clubsport II in 17x8 et45.

The RE30 should be 15lbs according to Mackin Industries, the official importer of Volk wheels.

I only have a 1.8T, so the standard wheel is the 15". I'll add a set of VWR springs and I should be good to go.

Tire size will more than likely be 235/45, although I'm not sure if I'll get the Michelin PSS or Conti DW. I have extensive experience with both and I know the PSS are superior, but the DW are on sale and I think that would definitely be enough for this car.

Where are the Contis on sale, can you share?

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Where are the Contis on sale, can you share?

Tirerack.com

I'm also considering running 245/40, but am not sure if they'll clear without hitting something. I like to get the most tire on a car I can.

MidKnight7

Ready to race!
245/40/18 will clear the rears with no problem....on the fronts it will rub if your lowered...happened to me...so i run 235 fronts and 245 rears...tires were Bridgestone Potenza RE11

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
245/40-18's @ et45 will just barley clear everything in the front and you will have room to spare in the rear, even when lowered. Front inner fender has two screws on the outer portion that can be removed for a couple MM of additional clearance if needed. The front fender is very thin from the factory, you can take your finger tips and push the inner flat piece metal up easily without a fender roller too BTW (I have a roller too and didn't even use it lol). I just did this to give myself additional clearance hopping to fit some slicks in there next month.