GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Lightspeed Magnesium VS10 with Blue CF inlays 18x8.5 weighing in at 14.7 lbs.

RenderedImage 2.jpeg

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
I've got the 17x9 and like them so far. Finish could be better in a few areas, but for a super cheap and strong rim, they're awesome!

The oem vw dynamic center caps fit them Btw! They look like a nice oem upgrade with the vw center caps 😁.
Thanks for the feedback. Planning to ceramic coat the faces next weekend when I test for them which should help a bit.

I wished they offered a cap that would match the finish in aluminum, the colored finishes stand out a bit though I like your reco with a VW cap or even the dynamic ones 😉

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
For $9000 they should wipe my ass as well lol but unfortunately they dont.....
The CF inlays were an extra $2500 and an extra (3) month wait smfh. Rediculous!

Holy smokes that’s light 👌

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the feedback. Planning to ceramic coat the faces next weekend when I test for them which should help a bit.

I wished they offered a cap that would match the finish in aluminum, the colored finishes stand out a bit though I like your reco with a VW cap or even the dynamic ones 😉
20230508_175923.jpg

20230421_130517.jpg

I think the vw ones fit pretty well. I ceramic coated mine as well. Aggressive brake dust is still aggressive brake dust, but it does help some!

I'll also add, I like their metal valve stems a lot! I got a set in anthracite for these wheels and a set in black for the gloss black rse22s that went on my wife's car. They're worth the 10$/stem for sure. I also got the audi dynamic caps in black for her car and surprisingly the vw ones are nicer than the audi ones. Usually, even with very similar parts, it's the other way around 🤷‍♂️

dynamisoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Enkei TFR Copper 17x8 ET45 @ 17.85# w/meaty tires 235/50

Last edited:

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Another Ampliform convert, this time the Dark Graphite on Tornado Red.

Wheels: Konig Ampliform 18x8.5 et43
Tires: Michelin PS4S 235/40/18
Suspension: EMD Springs

I’ve always wanted a set of those. One of my favorite sets of wheels for the MK7. I just wish they offered them in a few different colors. I’d like something lighter personally.

Yours look fantastic!

foregroundmusic

Car(s)
2018 GTI DSG
I’ve always wanted a set of those. One of my favorite sets of wheels for the MK7. I just wish they offered them in a few different colors. I’d like something lighter personally.

Yours look fantastic!
Thanks, and I agree. I was originally looking for something gloss black, but really wanted Ampliforms so decided to just try out the Dark Graphite. Really liking it, but wish they had more options.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Heres some Neuspeed rs10s forged wheels for you 18x8 17.3lbs

Attachments

• 20230528_125405.jpg
    20230528_125405.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
View attachment 288332
View attachment 288331

I think the vw ones fit pretty well. I ceramic coated mine as well. Aggressive brake dust is still aggressive brake dust, but it does help some!

I'll also add, I like their metal valve stems a lot! I got a set in anthracite for these wheels and a set in black for the gloss black rse22s that went on my wife's car. They're worth the 10$/stem for sure. I also got the audi dynamic caps in black for her car and surprisingly the vw ones are nicer than the audi ones. Usually, even with very similar parts, it's the other way around 🤷‍♂️

I think you made an excellent tire choice with Pilot Sport 4S. IMO the best tire ever. I'm on my second set and they don't spin, even when using LC on a wet road.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I think you made an excellent tire choice with Pilot Sport 4S. IMO the best tire ever. I'm on my second set and they don't spin, even when using LC on a wet road.

Thanks! Agreed. They were worth the coin, even on my wife's car in a 275/40/22, 😂.

When they first came out I drove a friend's cayman gts on track and I was blown away by the slow wear and near 200tw grip! Grippy, comfy, quiet, long wear, but at a price. Worth it!!