GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's see how long my stock motor puts up with this nonsense...

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
The shop that I plan on asking does have good fans. I had my car dynoed there. I just don't know if they're willing to rent dyno time to someone they probably consider a competitor since they are an APR dealer.

We’re an APR dealer as well.

— Ed

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
But I have Cobb and they don't sell Cobb but I'll ask them about doing this.

Pretty sure what he meant was that they are a business and just because they sell apr doesn’t mean they won’t accept your money to use a different tuner.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Pretty sure what he meant was that they are a business and just because they sell apr doesn’t mean they won’t accept your money to use a different tuner.

Thanks for explaining. Only way to find out is ask.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
It looks like some of you already noticed and started placing orders early this morning :).

Our annual Boost Weather Sale is live and will be active through the whole month of November!

The first round of discounts are up on the website now. Most discounts are clearly marked, but there are additional discounts on bundled items that you will only see once you add them to the cart. Go find some killer package deals!

We will be adding more large package deals as the month goes on. If you have suggestions on specific packages you’d like to see, let us know!

FYI, stock is limited and orders will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis. The sooner you order, the sooner you get your products. Depending on order volume, lead times can get pretty long by the end of the sale.

https://eqtuning.com

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
It’s still going strong with 175psi compression across the board.
When you dynoed at your highest run, did you run open downpipe?

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
He did both and it made no difference.

GTI catback doesn't flow as well as the R though
Hm that's interesting I would have thought otherwise. I ask because I'm gonna dyno this Friday and debated on pulling exhaust off

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
When you dynoed at your highest run, did you run open downpipe?

Yep open DP. It did make a small difference with the vortex all out. Around 10whp.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Thats surprising. I bet it helped wastegate duty more than anything. Will that throw an over boost code or epc if I'm tuned for a set psi and then drop exhaust?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Thats surprising. I bet it helped wastegate duty more than anything. Will that throw an over boost code or epc if I'm tuned for a set psi and then drop exhaust?

The PID control should be able to control boost just fine still.

-- Ed