GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Door Projector Logo's - Puddle Lights

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
20210206_143949.jpg

Just finished the install, everything went smoothly with no surprises. First side took about 20 minutes and the second one took half that. No coding was needed.

Normally I would choose the GTI logo but in this case i thought the VW looked better in the pics. Very happy with the kit.

Last edited:

laney456

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
Just some feedback on how I am getting on with the logo lights I bought from rocketwires.co.uk - they are still working and looking great and no issues with them - I have however contacted them to see if they sell a kit for the rear. Has anybody else had any luck with the rear?

I contacted and this is what they said....

‘Hi Tom, thanks for the email and the feedback, we are pleased that you’re still happy with the logo lights. To answer your question about the rear doors, we’ve had many requests for this and unfortunately the Golf doesn’t have a door controller module on the rear doors like the front doors where it supports door lighting, we have seen that people have managed to add the lights using the door lock wiring however we have tried this method on a few Golfs with hit and miss results therefore it’s not a kit that we can offer as we cannot guarantee that it will work. If we do find a 100% reliable method where we can make it plug and play then we will be in touch.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Anyone know someone who sells these but without the projector or logos? Interested in just adding the red warning lights to the doors themselves.

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
Got these off wish £8 for 2 just stick on projectors. Couldn't be bothered doing all the removing the door trim and wiring and these look just as good.

https://dl.wish.com/8hF2G

Attachments

• 20210513_220511.jpg
    20210513_220511.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 204

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
37216A4D-182A-4439-B29F-7B4AF30C2857.jpeg

got the rocketwires kit, came with loom, install instructions are emailed to you and spot on. There’s a trough in the doorcard just aft of the window motor. No programming on my 19 Rabbit Edition.

only complaint is the catches that clip the units in their holes are not as deep as the stock bits. So they are a touch “loose” in the hole, but still hold fine. I’ll look when I have more time for a stronger solution.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Hoping someone can help me urgently. I am installing the rocket wire puddle kit into my car and I have had the hardest time removing the two wires/connectors from the white plug. The first one was a nightmare and I could tell the bendable metal part of the connector got stuck inside the plastic white connector and it would not come off, eventually I pulled it a little firmer and it broke off the bendable metal part, and I was able to plug that into the male part of the rocket kit. The second one I was way more careful and it broke off on the second pull. The metal part of the connector is now stuck inside the white plug and I cannot freaking remove the thing. As to the wire, this is what it looks like currently.

Two questions, suggestions on removing the metal part (see pic)? And also, not knowing anything about wiring, is it safe to plug the purple wire as it is (see pic) into female wire connector of the kit, or should I find a wire connector to patch that? Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• 20211016_112929.jpg
    11.1 MB · Views: 135
  • 20211016_112958.jpg
    12.5 MB · Views: 121

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
You can get puddle projectors anywhere on the web these days...wiring is easy & so is the re-coding if you don't have the illuminated door strips.

Also bare in mind that if you don't have the electric folding mirrors your car may not have the top end (Highline) door controller, so it won't work anyway!!...

P.S. I wrote a how to guide for this mod way back in October 2015...link here:-

How to retro-fit the door exit warning lights from the VW Passat (2013->) | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum
Sorry to ping such an old post, but I was just gifted a set of these projector exit/puddle light, my question is, in my 16 golf R (that I've added folding mirrors to), I have a purple wire in pin location #16, I haven't found a pinout that has this wire reflected on it, am I correct in my assumption that this is the + wire for the blue door sill led strip? Thought I'd ask someone who's been in there more than myself before just digging through the hardness... any assistance would be greatly appreciate.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Sorry to ping such an old post, but I was just gifted a set of these projector exit/puddle light, my question is, in my 16 golf R (that I've added folding mirrors to), I have a purple wire in pin location #16, I haven't found a pinout that has this wire reflected on it, am I correct in my assumption that this is the + wire for the blue door sill led strip? Thought I'd ask someone who's been in there more than myself before just digging through the hardness... any assistance would be greatly appreciate.

The LED door sill strips from the factory are pinned to the "door exit light" pin on the door controler....just connect to this wire for your "+" for the puddle lights..& no need to use either VCDS as the controller is already coded from the factory to activate the pinout.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Dumb question but where is the door controller located? Rockwires website says there is no cutting or splicing of wires and is plug and play?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Im stupid, they are probably inside the door, which means pulling the door cards off.