GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Door Projector Logo's - Puddle Lights

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
You can get puddle projectors anywhere on the web these days...wiring is easy & so is the re-coding if you don't have the illuminated door strips.

Also bare in mind that if you don't have the electric folding mirrors your car may not have the top end (Highline) door controller, so it won't work anyway!!...

P.S. I wrote a how to guide for this mod way back in October 2015...link here:-

How to retro-fit the door exit warning lights from the VW Passat (2013->) | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

laney456

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
You can get puddle projectors anywhere on the web these days...wiring is easy & so is the re-coding if you don't have the illuminated door strips.

Also bare in mind that if you don't have the electric folding mirrors your car may not have the top end (Highline) door controller, so it won't work anyway!!...

P.S. I wrote a how to guide for this mod way back in October 2015...link here:-

How to retro-fit the door exit warning lights from the VW Passat (2013->) | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum
Hi mate.. appreciate that guide

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I just find it easier to buy something that's ready to go, full instructions and technical support on hand... plus the harnesses don't need splicing or soldering... plus comes with a guarantee.

Where's the fun in that???...... :unsure: ......:ROFLMAO:

There's nothing like forcing the mind to concentrate when you're holding a hot soldering iron close to a nice new expensive plastic trim part...or wondering if the wiring will work correctly instead of making your dash do an impersonation of KITT tripping on an 404 error code...

laney456

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
Where's the fun in that???...... :unsure: ......:ROFLMAO:

There's nothing like forcing the mind to concentrate when you're holding a hot soldering iron close to a nice new expensive plastic trim part...or wondering if the wiring will work correctly instead of making your dash do an impersonation of KITT tripping on an 404 error code...
Ha ha right ill do it that way then 🤣🤣

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
"I just find it easier to buy something that's ready to go, full instructions and technical support on hand... plus the harnesses don't need splicing or soldering... plus comes with a guarantee."

I'm with @laney456 on this one. Appreciate all your superb How-To guides @golfdave but I'm going the lazy route with plug&play harness and full instructions these guys offer. It's why I never ordered any of the AliExpress ones.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Can anyone else confirm this? It's the only thing holding me up from ordering a kit

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
"I just find it easier to buy something that's ready to go, full instructions and technical support on hand... plus the harnesses don't need splicing or soldering... plus comes with a guarantee."

I'm with @laney456 on this one. Appreciate all your superb How-To guides @golfdave but I'm going the lazy route with plug&play harness and full instructions these guys offer. It's why I never ordered any of the AliExpress ones.

Chicken..... 😜

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Can anyone else confirm this? It's the only thing holding me up from ordering a kit

If you have a GTI, or lighting package for Golf then you have the right modules.

"The mirrors require the 5-series door modules:

5Q0 959 593 B or 5Q0 959 593
5Q0 959 592 B or 5Q0 959 592

This can be checked via VCDS passenger or driver door module or by supplying your vin to the dealer. If you have modules ending in 393 & 392 (3-series module) you would need to obtain the 5-series module - apparently available from ECS for ~ $280.

We aren't 100% confirmed about what cars have the modules from the factory (so check your car before you buy), but the general consensus is:

GTI - US - supported regardless of trim level
GTI - Canada - supported regardless of trim level
Golf - US - Requires SEL or lighting package on lower trims
Golf - Canada - Highline only - lighting package irrelevant
E-Golf - US - need 5-series modules regardless of trim
E-Golf - Canada - unknown

More info - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...g-Mirror-Conversion!!&p=87017232#post87017232 "

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I've done some of your 'How-To's already :)
And your comments in GTI Jake's Mod List thread talked me into ordering parts for the Mk8 rear aero bits now too...*sigh*

If I was getting a commission from VW or Eacca on all the parts I've encouraged people to buy...I'd really be in the money!!!!😎

Seriously, you'll notice an improvement!..

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Anyone install these yet? Mine just showed up today