GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lead time golf r?

M3LPU

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know current waiting time for a golf R?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
No-one unless you've got some way of looking into the future - the Golf R isn't available until February/March 2014.

M3LPU

Passed Driver's Ed
So if you order now your looking at March-ish delivery

DW58

Go Kart Champion
That's what they say.

M3LPU

Passed Driver's Ed
Good good :) :)

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I don't think you would get one that quick - I ordered my GTD first week November and I am looking at March delivery. I would say late April or May for an R.

I thought you just ordered your GTD?

M3LPU

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah my boyfriend is looking at ordering the R :) he's just sold his focus rs and missing the speed I think :)

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Ah right Mel - thought you had just had a crisis of choice or something! I think the R looks like good value for money as they have priced it - its just lacking sat-nav like the GTD...

Last edited:

M3LPU

Passed Driver's Ed
What sat nav option? They look like the same options although they have stopped the Dyno audio for the r for the time being due to a "technical issue" so he's holding off for now.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Sorry Mel - I was meaning that sat-nav is optional (at extra cost) as with the GTD/GTI.

technic1

Ordering just before Xmas saw a build date (unconfirmed) of wk13 - so delivery well into April I'd think

sim0123

Ordered on 23rd November. I have an unconfirmed build week of 5 which is week commencing 27th Jan. Garage estimates pick up date will be 8th or 15th March. I think if you order now you would be looking at BW22.

Croc-Dundee

Passed Driver's Ed
New member to the forum but have been following useful and informative posts for some weeks now.

Went into longstanding local dealer on 14th November 2013, ostensibly to pick-up a brochure and came out having ordered a new Golf R. Build week recently changed to 27th January so now anticipating delivery by beginning to mid March according to dealer if of any help.

sim0123

Sounds about right Croc-Dundee. I ordered 23rd Nov and have BW5 as well. Should have the first customer batch into the UK on 14 plate.

I went 5 door DSG in midnight blue with ACC, winter pack and Discover Nav.....

Croc-Dundee

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds about right Croc-Dundee. I ordered 23rd Nov and have BW5 as well. Should have the first customer batch into the UK on 14 plate.

I went 5 door DSG in midnight blue with ACC, winter pack and Discover Nav.....

Sorry - I mentioned the spec in my signature but it may have been missed -
Awaiting: VW Golf R Reflex Silver. Options: DSG, 5 Door, Discover Navigation, Voice activation, Cadiz alloys, Reversing camera, Panoramic sunroof, Vienna leather, Keyless entry.

Went for Reflex silver as I prefer more understated & pragmatic colour but midnight blue is good too!