GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lead time golf r?

sim0123

No adaptive chassis control?

Yes thought about reflex silver and also pearl black before choosing the blue. First choice was carbon grey but that's not available on R...

Croc-Dundee

Passed Driver's Ed
No - no ACC, just thought it was an option too far for my own driving style. Like yourself the Carbon Grey would have been a possible choice but not available and the Limestone Grey didn't cut it for me when I saw a MK7 in that colour.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Reflex Silver or Midnight blue met. – beautiful colors on a Golf R.

There are some possible selections to make. Mine, see tread:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2751

In my case I felt Limestone gray to be a “new” color and it goes very well to the Pretoria wheels. That’s why I ordered it. We already have one silver and one bluemet. car which had impact on my choice.

Have avoided “assistance options” since my intention is to drive myself….that’s the hole idea with such a car. I hope DCC (ACC) could “soften up” the 19 “ wheels a little bit.

Hopefully it will arrive little late, perhaps in March so I won’t be forced to use it in the winter roads :D.

Dynaudio wasn’t possible to order so it had to go. Never the less the sound from Radio Composition media is very good.

One thing I’m not fond about is the 4 exhaust end pipes. This is more for 8 to 12 cylinder cars than 4 cylinder VW. The Audi S3 have also 4 pipes. What do you have to say about them?

Looking forward to take the new VW in use:)!

/Peter

sim0123

Hi TheSwede, yes I agree 19" Pretoria wheels look good with limestone. I avoided the 19's due to uk roads so stayed with the standard 18's and as they are black coated on the insides it should go good with night blue.

As I understand the car has Eco, Individual and Sport settings. By adding DCC / ACC I believe you get two further settings of Comfort and Race. I chose DCC to get comfort more than anything but thought race mode would be a good resale option in 3 years time.

Dynaudio should be available as an option from BW22 but I can live without that.

Can't wait!!!!

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Hi TheSwede, yes I agree 19" Pretoria wheels look good with limestone. I avoided the 19's due to uk roads so stayed with the standard 18's and as they are black coated on the insides it should go good with night blue.

As I understand the car has Eco, Individual and Sport settings. By adding DCC / ACC I believe you get two further settings of Comfort and Race. I chose DCC to get comfort more than anything but thought race mode would be a good resale option in 3 years time.

Dynaudio should be available as an option from BW22 but I can live without that.

Can't wait!!!!

DCC – Chassis Control is very interesting, haven’t tried it before. Preferable for daily use in comfort-mode as you write. Mode select (driving profiles), Sport/Normal/Eco/Individual, is perhaps also connected to the DCC settings Race/Normal/Comfort :confused:? We have to wait and see….

ACC –Adaptive Cruiser Control (standard) - I have seen it also explained as Adaptive Chassis Control. Risk for mix up…. In any case Adaptive Cruiser Control runs very well. I use it driving our Golf 7 Estate with good outcome. However since the car brakes when you approach another car it means that you can expect increased fuel consumption using it (other behaviour in Eco mode). That’s perhaps not a big issue if you have chosen an R.

I’m a bit optimistic about the fuel consumption. The Golf 6 R is rather thirsty, also GTI ED35, they have same engine platform. Since the new R engine is based on the TSI engine EA888, as I have now in my GTI 6 TSI, I expect about the same consumption as today in the GTI 6 (Stage 1). Never the less if you want performance you must add energy, it’s a law of nature :D.

/Peter

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Hi all! I'm a newbie here. I put in my order yesterday 8th January and was told delivery at the start of may. Can't wait!

Hi HiglandAndy. I’m convinced you have taken a wise decision! Delivery in the best period of the year :). Do you want to share your R configuration?

/Peter

highlandandy

Hi TheSwede. I have just opted for lapis blue 3dr manual with vienna leather. Not the highest spec but most of the spec I want/need is standard. I wanted dynaudio too but dont have the patience to wait for it. Lol

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Hi TheSwede. I have just opted for lapis blue 3dr manual with vienna leather. Not the highest spec but most of the spec I want/need is standard. I wanted dynaudio too but dont have the patience to wait for it. Lol

Vienna leather is one of the best options you can order – lifts the impression of the car to be more sophisticated to a reasonable price. Sporty colour :).

/Peter

Willow1

Passed Driver's Ed
Golf R build weeks

First orders went live on the 5th of November some dealers were taking orders prior to this date however they did not get the order pushed to the factory before the 5th.
Expect the car to built by week 5-6 if you ordered around this date next batch or orders will be week 11
DSG gear boxes tend to take longer due to popularity, and heavy option lists can extend the order time due to parts picking, The Golf R is sold on allocation basis so once a dealers allocation is full they have to put your order in to the next available allocation,
It's a limited car and normally only 2-3 are allocated to a dealer each year
Bearing in mind there is in the region of around 280 retailers in the UK
That is not a lot of cars each year,

Fattyback

Hello forum people!

I ordered my Golf 7 R this Monday, and have got notification that delivery to the UK would be 21st April.

This is a completely standard build in Lapis Blue, and personal leased for 2 years.

I was looking for a GTI but stumbled across a deal for £1879 down, £332 a month incl servicing and tyres for the R. Couldn't believe my luck. The price has since gone up on the web.

Despite the fact that I won't ever own it, I'm just a little bit excited at getting the opportunity to drive one every day. I won't ever race it and park it in a ditch, but it seems like the perfect package for me - power, economy, comfort, and cheap insurance (for me at 45 yo onyway).

Roll on April !

Snaptag

Ready to race!
Leasing a car without the option of owning it in the end is beyond me. Wouldn't you be better off signing up for a lease plan where you own the car after about 3 to 5 years? It's the only thing that makes the high costs worthwhile as far as I'm concerned..

Then again, 332 should just be enough to cover the cost of the tyres when you drive it like you don't own it :D

Last edited:

Fattyback

Leasing the car is simple economics in my situation. I don't want to commit to nearly 600 a month, whereas 332 is OK for a couple if years even if I write that money off.

And I've treble checked the tyres are included in the deal ! I would think 150 a corner for those? I'm just so made up to drive a car I thought beyond my reach. Who knows, perhaps I'll make them an offer when my deal runs out!

Mojo1

You may get the chance to buy a it at the end of the deal,I have contract hired/leased a few cars and vans and if you ask you should get the chance as it is still in the finance company's interest as they won't have to touch it!

I'm with you, I have had finance on cars since 2002 and couldn't get my head around leasing until I went self employed and leased the vans, but at the end of the day if you swap regularly it does make sense well to me anyway lol, oh and if you work it out you will probably of just payed the loss the car will make!

Where have you leased from?

Enjoy.....

Mojo1

You may get the chance to buy a it at the end of the deal,I have contract hired/leased a few cars and vans and if you ask you should get the chance as it is still in the finance company's interest as they won't have to touch it!

I'm with you, I have had finance on cars since 2002 and couldn't get my head around leasing until I went self employed and leased the vans, but at the end of the day if you swap regularly it does make sense well to me anyway lol, oh and if you work it out you will probably of just payed the loss the car will make!

Where have you leased from?

Enjoy.....