GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just ordered an Oryx White GTI Clubsport

Congrats!

What tires are these? I ask since these obviously are no Michelin PS Cup 2 R-compounds.
We can only order Pretorias with compulsory PSC2s here.

Btw, did you wrap the lower part of the front?

CarLover

Passed Driver's Ed
But aren't R's like a dime a dozen compared to a Clubsport?
Clubsport have better seats?

If your looking for exclusivity, yes, if your looking for value for money..wiith a bit more money u could get an R - the Base R in UAE have Sunroof, DCC and all the other goodies...basically it's just missing leather seats and discover pro nav...if ur looking for a real bang for ur buck car...a regular GTI...choices

Moez

Passed Driver's Ed
With a couple more thousands..you could get a golf r...strange choice

well to be honest i was thinking about the R, but unfortunately you can only get DCC with the high spec R which is 182,000 aed ( around 30,000 aed more than the Clubsport which already has DCC);

I can live without Dynaudio, Discover Pro and Leather, but DCC is a must. otherwise I will have to custom order and wait for a 5 month delivery.

Also the clubsport seems unique as it is a limited edition model which will have a better resale value i guess

Moez

Passed Driver's Ed
But aren't R's like a dime a dozen compared to a Clubsport?
Clubsport have better seats?

agreed, Clubsport will be quite fewer in numbers than the golf R.

I dont find the extra 30 K for the Golf R is justifiable just for 4WD , discover pro and Vienna Leather (not even Nappa as they stopped bringing it here in UAE) over the Clubsport

If i could find an Oryx White 18" I'd get it, as it will have additionally Sunroof, Discover Pro instead of the 19" which is fine as Boxter said these can be replaced anytime, but unfortunately there was only 1 Oryx 18" in the shipment coming mid September and already booked :(

Moez

Passed Driver's Ed
If your looking for exclusivity, yes, if your looking for value for money..wiith a bit more money u could get an R - the Base R in UAE have Sunroof, DCC and all the other goodies...basically it's just missing leather seats and discover pro nav...if ur looking for a real bang for ur buck car...a regular GTI...choices

I checked with the sales agent but unfortunately the Base R doesn't have DCC, it is only offered on the the highest trim which is 182,000 aed (without Nappa Leather or Dynaudio)

I'm planning to go to Abu Dhabi soon to Ali&Sons to see what they can offer and compare it with Al Nabooda , hopefully they might have a better configuration/pricing structure

CarLover

Passed Driver's Ed
I checked with the sales agent but unfortunately the Base R doesn't have DCC, it is only offered on the the highest trim which is 182,000 aed (without Nappa Leather or Dynaudio)

I'm planning to go to Abu Dhabi soon to Ali&Sons to see what they can offer and compare it with Al Nabooda , hopefully they might have a better configuration/pricing structure

I was actually referring to Ali & Sons..the Base R is 164K and it comes with DCC, Sunroof parking sensors, rear view camera, 18" Cádiz rims etc..basically it's just missing 8" screen and leather seats. top spec clubsport with leather seats is 157k, hence not a big difference. Your not only paying for AWD..your paying for all the upgraded internals, AWD, bragging rights, that blistering acceleration (no wheel spin & torque steer) from 0-100 in 4.9 seconds and more top end power as the gti and GTI clubsport will lose breath after around 120km or so while the R will keep on going. In the end it's all about the budget, they are all great cars but I wouldn't pay 157k for a gti and the R is 164, but that's just me.

Last edited:

CarLover

Passed Driver's Ed
Ali and Sons dealer is better than Nabooda. All Golf R trims (package 1,2,3) comes as standard with DCC, Sunroof, parking Sensors, rear view camera, auto stop start, lighting package, etc. As it stands it's like this:

Package 3: all the options I mentioned above - sticker price 164k
Package 2: adds leather seats and 19" Pretoria - sticker price 175k
Package 1: adds discover pro nav (8" screen) - sticker price 182k or if you add ACC the sticker price will be 184.5k.

Golf GTI Clubsport

Package 2: 145k
Package 1: adds leather seats and 8" discover pro. Sticker price: 157k

And from what I hear A & S give better discounts than al naboodah and both offer 5 years warranty and 3 years service contract as standard

Hope this helps. Good luck

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
well to be honest i was thinking about the R, but unfortunately you can only get DCC with the high spec R which is 182,000 aed ( around 30,000 aed more than the Clubsport which already has DCC);

I can live without Dynaudio, Discover Pro and Leather, but DCC is a must. otherwise I will have to custom order and wait for a 5 month delivery.

Also the clubsport seems unique as it is a limited edition model which will have a better resale value i guess

Agree, DCC is a must.
Not sure I would want a base GTI for the ride every day.

Obakong

Ready to race!
R vs club sport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The HP numbers a little smaller, but same engine and turbo as the R right?

So i would imagine that a tuned Clubsport might equal a tuned R in output? If true, the Clubsport might be faster (since it will be lighter).

Anyone have tuned numbers Clubsport out yet? (APR, UM etc.)

Stg.1 vs Stg.1: Same HP numbers?