GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just ordered an Oryx White GTI Clubsport

Moez

Passed Driver's Ed
Just ordered a 2017 GTI Clubsport

I'm happy to say that finally after a very long time of reviewing the MK7 Golf GTI/R; I finally decided to get a GTI Clubsport.

Specs:-

1. Pure White Color
  2. 18" Belvedere Wheels
  3. Panoramic Sunroof
  4. Fabric / Alcantara Seats
  5. Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) with driver profile (Eco, Comfort, Normal, Sport, Individual)
  6. 8" MIB 2 Discover Pro Navigation with App Connect (Android Auto & Apple CarPlay)
  7. Blind Spot Monitor
  8. Keyless access and starting system
  9. Light & Vision Package
  10. Rear View Camera

It should be arriving end of October; so it's going to be a long 3 month wait :rolleyes::rolleyes:

UPDATE: Order Details has been updated; don't know how to update the thread title though :)

---------
Moez

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Prefect options.

That being said, how hard to import cars to the US?
I know crash tests have to be done and have to be emissions compliant.
But in this era of world cars that are essentially identical, shouldn't it be easy as crash tests are model, not trim specific and that engine is already here in the R, more or less.

Nice to see another guy having a Clubsport on order. I'm waiting on mine too. :)

@ Monkey:

On one hand European Golfs even come with an additional driver side knee airbag,
while on the other hand (only) the Clubsport doesn't any have side airbags, unless
you spec it without the Recaros but normal top sport seats instead. The window
airbags are still present, while those sitting in the seat are not in case of bucket
seats.
Even more the Clubsport comes with a different engine (mechanically same as R but
different ECU), so I think all safety and emissions testing needs to be done again.

I'd say, it'd be more than hard for an individual person. ;) Perhaps there's an army
guy here since he probably knows more about buying a Euro spec car and import it.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Nice to see another guy having a Clubsport on order. I'm waiting on mine too. :)

@ Monkey:

On one hand European Golfs even come with an additional driver side knee airbag,
while on the other hand (only) the Clubsport doesn't any have side airbags, unless
airbags are still present, while those sitting in the seat are not in case of bucket
seats.
Even more the Clubsport comes with a different engine (mechanically same as R but
different ECU), so I think all safety and emissions testing needs to be done again.

I'd say, it'd be more than hard for an individual person. ;) Perhaps there's an army
guy here since he probably knows more about buying a Euro spec car and import it.

Figured it's more trouble than it's worth.

Assuming you're not in New Mexico to be getting a Clubsport

Moez

Passed Driver's Ed

@ Monkey:

seats.

Thanks for the info; I was re-checking the specs sheet now and it comes with Knee airbag, curtain airbag for front & rear passengers and a front side airbags.

Engine-wise I've heard that there is an over-boost function at 3rd gear to increase horsepower from 265 bhp to 290 bhp, not sure though about that!

Does your Clubsport come with the standard GTI "Top-Sport" seats?
If so, it'll have side airbags. No side bags with Recaro bucket seats,
which are shown on most press prictures, though.
I don't know anything about the spec for UAE, thus which seats it
comes with as standard. E.g. in Germany the buckets are standard,
while in Austria they're optional, and from what I gathered in Austra-
lia you cannot even spec them at all.

boxster

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Congratulations in advance, you’ll simple love the car, it’s certainly delightful to drive and quick when you want it to especially after the boost kicks in 3rd gear.
Mine has already arrived a couple of weeks ago and is sharing parking space next to my R and S3.

Moez

Passed Driver's Ed
Does your Clubsport come with the standard GTI "Top-Sport" seats?
If so, it'll have side airbags. No side bags with Recaro bucket seats,
which are shown on most press prictures, though.
I don't know anything about the spec for UAE, thus which seats it
comes with as standard. E.g. in Germany the buckets are standard,
while in Austria they're optional, and from what I gathered in Austra-
lia you cannot even spec them at all.

In the UAE the Clubsport comes only with Standard Seats; the Recaro seats are not allowed here as they don't have a Fire Extinguisher location underneath the seats :( , we don't even get the leather option here :(

Moez

Passed Driver's Ed
Congratulations in advance, you’ll simple love the car, it’s certainly delightful to drive and quick when you want it to especially after the boost kicks in 3rd gear.
Mine has already arrived a couple of weeks ago and is sharing parking space next to my R and S3.

Thanks Boxter, I did a test drive for it and it was quite amazing, was re-thinking about getting the 18" with Nav and Sunroof (as there are 2 pre-configured trims), but didn't find an Oryx in that trim, plus the 19" looks way better

boxster

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Thanks Boxter, I did a test drive for it and it was quite amazing, was re-thinking about getting the 18" with Nav and Sunroof (as there are 2 pre-configured trims), but didn't find an Oryx in that trim, plus the 19" looks way better

Indeed 18" looks somewhat small in the MK7, but you can always replace them later. Here is mine with 19" black Pretoria wheels.