GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
96% of the splitter we / people run are of zero benefit other than looks… they would need at real air damn and be mounted to the chassis and have some considerable size to properly work as a splitter is intended.

Just like that diffuser, it’s only for looks it’s not diffusing shit 😂
But at least it still stays on at 160+ mph versus the other product.

Roll cage is a better investment with where you’re going
I've got that covered, don't you worry.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Alright, so for my next upgrades I will be working on the transmission. I already ordered a Wavetrac and I am trying to find out if my car already has the steel shifter forks vs the brass ones. I know for the 02Q, at some point VW did start making them with the steel shifter forks and I've reached out to VWoA to find out if my car has them or not. If my car already has them, then I'll just need to upgrade the sliders to the brass ones from Darkside Developments. Will replace my shifter with a CAE and will be reaching out to SQS Racing to talk to them about their gear kits after the holidays.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Having the cooler worx setup that performs the same as the CAE Just doesn’t share the heritage of brand. (Watching Jason’s *eventhorizon in car vids it’s shifts just like mine)

I can say it’s not meant to be a faster shift ( IE:drag race efforts) it’s just more precise and positive feeling. Yes my hpattern is silly short vs oem but because there is zero play in the system like oem it means the angle and placement of your hand/knob needs to be perfect to slide right into place vs stock you gave a 1/8 to 1/4”of variances so regardless is just “slips” right in from gear to . There’s a reason you’ll see those guys with stock shifter setups run surprisingly fast dragys and doing such fast shifts with minimal decel effects on thier dragy runs. Would be willing to bet if you run some 60-130 runs with your current Sigma and then swap back to oem with oem rubber links you’ll see better results in regards to quick shifts.

Since my goals for my car are not to be the fastest drag setup, I still wouldn’t go back to stock personally cause I prefer the feeling of the super notchy positive engagements but would deff. Be hesitant to suggest it for a drag car. I mean I get the love for a h pattern but if drag racing with Manual is main goal I’d say dogs and sqs seqshifter would be ideal. Aside form the cost of the dog gears I think the CAE shifter with cables and required bracket and shifter linkage is going to run close to the same cost as the seqshifter too.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Having the cooler worx setup that performs the same as the CAE Just doesn’t share the heritage of brand. (Watching Jason’s *eventhorizon in car vids it’s shifts just like mine)

I can say it’s not meant to be a faster shift ( IE:drag race efforts) it’s just more precise and positive feeling. Yes my hpattern is silly short vs oem but because there is zero play in the system like oem it means the angle and placement of your hand/knob needs to be perfect to slide right into place vs stock you gave a 1/8 to 1/4”of variances so regardless is just “slips” right in from gear to . There’s a reason you’ll see those guys with stock shifter setups run surprisingly fast dragys and doing such fast shifts with minimal decel effects on thier dragy runs. Would be willing to bet if you run some 60-130 runs with your current Sigma and then swap back to oem with oem rubber links you’ll see better results in regards to quick shifts.

Since my goals for my car are not to be the fastest drag setup, I still wouldn’t go back to stock personally cause I prefer the feeling of the super notchy positive engagements but would deff. Be hesitant to suggest it for a drag car. I mean I get the love for a h pattern but if drag racing with Manual is main goal I’d say dogs and sqs seqshifter would be ideal. Aside form the cost of the dog gears I think the CAE shifter with cables and required bracket and shifter linkage is going to run close to the same cost as the seqshifter too.

The OEM shifter is horrible for drag racing and is no where near as fast or as smooth as what I have now, not sure why you think otherwise. The more precise and shorter, the better which is why I'm looking at something a bit better than my current setup. Everybody that I've seen and looked at have upgraded their shifter for drag.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Well, I had a shitty morning yesterday. On my way to work, I got in to a car accident where the lady behind me rear ended my car. This is the 3rd fucking time my car has been rear ended because the person behind me wasn't paying attention. The first accident happended back in 2018 but the second and third accident happened this year with only a couple of months apart from one another. My bumper and hatch both need to be replaced and who knows what else. My insurance company is taking care of everything and I already have the appointment set up to drop my car off at the body shop that I picked out. I drop my car off on the 21st and I'm hoping that the front bumper parts that I ordered back on November 23rd for the other issue, arrive before the 21st so that the body shop can take care of that as well. I want to upgrade my hatch to a carbon fiber one and have the shop paint it TR to match my car and looking at replacing my Strafe diffuser with either Verus or Aerofabb's new rear diffuser because both are actually a functional diffuser. I like the one from Verus more but since I have the AWE Track exhaust, that will require some fitment adjustments to the rear bumper. I'm waiting to hear back from Aerofabb to see if fitment adjustments are required with that one. For the carbon fiber hatch, my first choice is Premium Deutsch Carbon and if they are out or on backorder then my second choice is Seibon.

20211201_085216.jpg

20211201_085224.jpg

20211201_100459.jpg

20211201_100513.jpg

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Sucks that it happened, but it could have been much worse. Happy to see you’ve already got a date with the body shop. Hopefully it won’t be down for too long

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Sucks that it happened, but it could have been much worse. Happy to see you’ve already got a date with the body shop. Hopefully it won’t be down for too long
Yeah, it could have been because the intersection that it happened in is a busy one, especially during rush hour. I'm taking a family vacation for Christmas, leaving on the 24th and will be gone for 10 days so that should be plenty of time for them to fix everything.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Fuuuuuuck that sucks, sorry dude. Happened to mine with a lady driving a tow truck. She hit me hard enough for the bolt head on her chrome grille to scratch the bumper and thats it. Didnt even know i got hit until i looked in the rearview. Her excuse was "i cant see these small cars from this truck. I was at the red light on a very straight, flat road for about 45 seconds before she hit me, no other cars on the road. Yeah, really hard to see this small car. Gets covered up by your phone screen real easy

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
#loweredlife tax

Sorry Drew....sucks and I know you're frustrated especially cause you just got her running on point. Silver lining seriously is that this would be the only time you can upgrade parts (carbon hatch) on insurance's dime. I love the Versus and would functionally suite you well, unlike me, who probably runs 14 sec lol

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Goddamn man! 2022 will be a better year for you.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
There are so many funny things I could do with this statement. It’s because it’s red lol
You know, I would think since it is a bright red that it would be easy to see and it being red like a red light, you hit your damn brakes! Virginia just has the worst drivers that pay no attention to their surroundings. I'm going to install some miniguns in my trunk with sensors so that when other drivers get too close to my rear, the hatch flies open and the miniguns pop up and open fire and destroy their front end, tires/wheels, and engine.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You know, I would think since it is a bright red that it would be easy to see and it being red like a red light, you hit your damn brakes! Virginia just has the worst drivers that pay no attention to their surroundings. I'm going to install some miniguns in my trunk with sensors so that when other drivers get too close to my rear, the hatch flies open and the miniguns pop up and open fire and destroy their front end, tires/wheels, and engine.t

that or a short, directional EMP lol