GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
V1 does stick out more if you like that look.

But I still prefer the Dutch parts splitter…it’s thicker and the piano black top goes well with the upper grill and the edge is routerd so it matches the satin on the other trims, also the center is spaced down so its got some pass through air flow.

I’ve hit it sooo many times now, even hit a expansion plate in a garage and it didn’t chip at all but hit hard enough to pop my bumper free from the fender clips.

Last month it took a bad hit on the freeway hitting some metal panel debris and got a slice in it.
https://www.dutchpartsco.com/product/vw-mk7-gti-front-bumper-splitter
58E56FDB-A519-4ECA-9F66-8E4B2E923263.jpeg
62A0DB23-54FC-4B2C-BA17-3F5A2420E814.jpeg

133EF4CD-E758-42BD-84EE-43A5364CF5DB.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
V1 Drew. Install and send it again. He offers military discount…. Tell him I’ll order one too and let’s get a discount lol

Square1

Go Kart Champion
I'm surprised this doesn't happen to more people. They look pretty but I couldn't bring myself to install one.
The splitter rods are just about useless.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I say leave the zip ties #fwddriftcar

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I had a splitter with rods but I never installed it. I just didn't see that an M6 screw with a nut on the back would be able to take that amount of weight. Maybe I'm wrong.
Back it with a good sized washer. Should hold pretty well.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Run it with no bumper at all. Weight savings

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Well after further research, for what I am doing with my car, a front splitter is not beneficial so I will not be ordering a new one.
96% of the splitter we / people run are of zero benefit other than looks… they would need at real air damn and be mounted to the chassis and have some considerable size to properly work as a splitter is intended.

Just like that diffuser, it’s only for looks it’s not diffusing shit 😂

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Well after further research, for what I am doing with my car, a front splitter is not beneficial so I will not be ordering a new one.
Roll cage is a better investment with where you’re going