GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JD's 2016 MK7: Project#SLevin

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
That's a great looking golf! Love the LED footwell lights!

It looks like you opted for the rear diffuser with wings, yes?

Do you have a build thread/journal? I'd definitely like to subscribe.

Yep the diffuser w/ wings & center exit exhaust....I don't yet, now that u mentioned it, maybe I should at least start...

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Do it!

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Springs installed thanks to massive help from @UrbanJoke. I'm beat. Fronts were a PITA; there's just no two ways about it.

It's not Paul Kromz low, but it's much better than stock. Springs should also settle a bit over time. Overall, I think it's a good/cheap alternative to coilovers. For a daily driver, I think it's perfect.

We took a short ride tonight after the install and didn't notice much of a difference besides stiffer steering, in a good way. It wasn't a harsh ride at all. I'm so glad I did VWR instead of VW DG springs. I think it's has a good, albeit conservative stance now. It suits the bill. I'm tired... Pics then bed. Any questions, fire away!

Last edited:

GoSlow75

Passed Driver's Ed
Now that looks really good! Looking forward to follow this build since I have a similar TSI with same colour, VWR springs and more...
Enjoy your ride!

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Question on garage door.
The upper section with widows.
Do you have Lexan covering them?
Why. To keep bugs and trash off the window parts?
Asking because my windows get dirty from time and this might help keep clear.
Like laminex film for the car.
That's actually glass (came like that). No film or anything. Facing west means they get really dirty as well. I scrubbed them down recently. Still need to clean the outside.

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Few more...

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Paul, what rear spoiler did you go with? I assume you did OEM, just like front/side lips and rear diffuser?

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Happy Monday

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
I see your car around town all the time and always confuse it with an LSG R :p

Sweet! What are you driving!? I promise my intention is not to impersonate an R, but that is how it's turning out ..