GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JD's 2016 MK7: Project#SLevin

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Hi! Welcome to my journal.

My wife and I picked up our first Vdub on Friday! It's a 2016 Tungsten Silver Metallic Golf S 1.8Tsi. We opted for 5 doors, 5 speed manual and black interior. We traded in her baby, a 2011 BMW 335i XDrive.

I'll be using the Golf ("Golfy" as the wife likes to call it) for my 50-mile-round-trip work commute 3 days a week. The wife will be ramming around with our 2.5 yo pitbull when I'm not hogging the car to myself.

I don't plan on going too crazy with mods; more of an OEM+ driver, but thought I'd start a journal for anyone who wants to follow along.

I'll work on getting some better pics as well...

Pickup day, finally!! 11/27/15...7 miles on the odometer:

Harvey approves [emoji41]

Finally home! It's the small victories that count: no front plates after numerous requests to the dealer!

Tonight I finally had time to clean the monster mats, debadge the rear hatch and plastidip the emblems to see if I liked the blacked out look.

Before:

After:

And blacked out:

That's all for now! More to come [emoji4][emoji629]

And here we go!

Last edited:

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Thanks to @FASTuning, my VWR springs arrived tonight! I'm not sure when I will install them (probably this week because I'm impatient, but maybe after winter). They look like a great product! As usual, Harv approves!

Last edited:

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Genuine VW Golf rear seat cover showed up. Harv approved! [emoji106]?

Last edited:

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Took advantage of some nice weather to give #SLevin its inaugural wash!

And afterwards I decided to dip the rear reflectors...

Last edited:

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Last edited:

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Thanks @deAutoKey for these rad fob skins!

Not too much traffic...35-40mpg... Loving it!

Last edited:

Pretzel1

Ready to race!
Tungsten Silver is a great colour. We don't get the 1.8T in the UK which is a shame.

De-badge looks good. unsure about the black badge and reflectors..

What tyres does the car come with ready for the snow?

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Tungsten Silver is a great colour. We don't get the 1.8T in the UK which is a shame.

De-badge looks good. unsure about the black badge and reflectors..

What tyres does the car come with ready for the snow?

Thanks!

The black badges are definitely not for everyone. The nice thing about plastidip is that I can peel it off anytime.

The tires are Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus and from what I can tell, they are about average in the snow, although I haven't had much snow drive time yet. I considered winter tires, but don't have the budget right now, unfortunately.

Last edited:

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Thanks to @JDMAstar for my tail light LEDs. I picked up 4 of these, which have the latest Samsung 5730 chipset: http://amzn.com/B00WW509O8. They look great, especially compared to the factory incandescents. Unfortunately, one of the LED's did not work.

Here are some pics. Video to come.

LED Left / Factory Right

Close up comparison LED Outer (left) / Factory Inner (right)

Last edited:

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
well jeez that was quick! I wonder what those reflector spots look like filled in and painted the bumper color....

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Yooooo how did you code the tail lights to do that?! I want that on my GTI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk