GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

xbuzz

Does anyone have a good starting point or Map 6 set up for a stock GTI ?

I've read through and there doesn't seem to be many if any posted.

I used to run 5.0 on Map 1 on the JB1 and looking to maximise the map 6 set up.

I missed out on the bluetooth adapter so i wont be able to log until I get one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just started messing with map 6 and need some input

2016 GTI PP STOCK 75*F 3rd gear on incline
***NO HARDWARE*** except JB4

2500 17
3000 19
3500 21
4000 22
4500 22
5000 22
5500 21
6000 20
6500 19
7000 18

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
The settings above I think will be a little aggressive on a stock car. It's hard to say as each car is different. I would personally take all the values above and reduce it by 2 and log first. Or run map 1 or 2 and log and you can get a better idea the values for map 6

Venumous

Ready to race!
We need someone who ran 1/4 mile with JB1 to run with JB4 to see what trap increases they found.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
We need someone who ran 1/4 mile with JB1 to run with JB4 to see what trap increases they found.

Should be stage 2 speeds? a 2mph gain would be 111 mph.
I had issues with my clutch getting 12's so I am not going to push it this year. Someone else can step up!! :D

Venumous

Ready to race!
That's the question... how does it compare to Stage 2 APR/ED etc on the track.

MattB1

Ready to race!
Is any timing pull OK?

Hi all,

I have been tinkering around with map 6, I am getting a small amount of timing pull in 4th gear on one cylinder only, max 1.2. At this point the car is boosting between 7.5 and 7.9 psi over the ecu requested amount. The ambient temps are low, around 40 F.

Should I dial out the timing pull? I really only go WOT in third most of the time, and there isn't any pull in third. If I dial the pull out of fourth, I will be boosting less in third too.

My map 6 settings are

1500 15.0
2000 17.0
2500 18.0
3000 20.0
3500 20.4
4000 21.4
4500 21.0
5000 21.0
5500 21.0
6000 20.0
6500 19.0
7000 18.0

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 766

themyst

Ready to race!
Hi all,

I have been tinkering around with map 6, I am getting a small amount of timing pull in 4th gear on one cylinder only, max 1.2. At this point the car is boosting between 7.5 and 7.9 psi over the ecu requested amount. The ambient temps are low, around 40 F.

Should I dial out the timing pull? I really only go WOT in third most of the time, and there isn't any pull in third. If I dial the pull out of fourth, I will be boosting less in third too.

My map 6 settings are

1500 15.0
2000 17.0
2500 18.0
3000 20.0
3500 20.4
4000 21.4
4500 21.0
5000 21.0
5500 21.0
6000 20.0
6500 19.0
7000 18.0

Those minor corrections happen even stock, nothing to worry about. I'd worry if you were seeing multiple corrections in multiple cylinders in a single pull. You simply can't tune for zero corrections. This isn't the 90's where ping leads to catastrophic engine failure. We are dealing with modern ECU technology with overly sensitive knock sensors that are protecting the longevity of your engine.

Look at your actual boost vs your actual target. You're not even close to hitting them, and it's due to your ambient temps. Honestly, I think that's a pretty log and there's nothing more you can really do at this point.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Perry01

Ready to race!
Hi all,

My map 6 settings are

1500 15.0
2000 17.0
2500 18.0
3000 20.0
3500 20.4
4000 21.4
4500 21.0
5000 21.0
5500 21.0
6000 20.0
6500 19.0
7000 18.0

Yea, I wouldn't worry about timing pull on one cylinder. Nice timing advance but there looks to be some clutch slippage between 3rd and 4th gear. What supporting mods do you have?

btw, I think I remember George saying disregard ECU request when using absolute (Map 6) settings.

Last edited:

MattB1

Ready to race!
Those minor corrections happen even stock, nothing to worry about. I'd worry if you were seeing multiple corrections in multiple cylinders in a single pull. You simply can't tune for zero corrections. This isn't the 90's where ping leads to catastrophic engine failure. We are dealing with modern ECU technology with overly sensitive knock sensors that are protecting the longevity of your engine.

Look at your actual boost vs your actual target. You're not even close to hitting them, and it's due to your ambient temps. Honestly, I think that's a pretty log and there's nothing more you can really do at this point.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks for your advice, if I am boosting an average of 7.5 psi over the ECU requested level, what do you think this equates to in whp? Is there an average whp gain per psi figure for our cars that has been determined?

I am running on momentum 99 Ron which is equal to 93 octane. It is essentially 91 octane mixed with 9% ethanol.

MattB1

Ready to race!
looks to be some clutch slippage between 3rd and 4th gear. What supporting mods do you have?

Hi Perry,

I thought it could be clutch slippage, but i think it is too much of a spike and the event seems to be mid gear change, looking at the other stats. I did spot a small hump on another log after changing up from second to third, but I am confident it was a touch of wheelspin as the roads were damp.

I don't have any other supporting mods as yet, looking at dp's at the moment though. The car has done 14k miles, JB1 since 2k.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
As others have said, your values may not be being reached due to temps. See if you lower the values closer to your actual boost numbers and if that cleans it up any more. Like you said, it's hitting about 7-8psi over the stock request but your values are closer to 11-12psi. You have some consistent high timing as well which is great :)

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Hi Perry,

I thought it could be clutch slippage, but i think it is too much of a spike and the event seems to be mid gear change, looking at the other stats. I did spot a small hump on another log after changing up from second to third, but I am confident it was a touch of wheelspin as the roads were damp.

I don't have any other supporting mods as yet, looking at dp's at the moment though. The car has done 14k miles, JB1 since 2k.

I would ignore the timing adaption event into 4th, its very minor and only one cylinder. I also do not see slip on the gear change. The waviness of the rpm line is most likely the CAN system delaying.

This is what slip looks like, notice what the in gear does, this is when it flashes on the dash, in the log it shows a neutral selection twice.

MattB1

Ready to race!
I would ignore the timing adaption event into 4th, its very minor and only one cylinder. I also do not see slip on the gear change. The waviness of the rpm line is most likely the CAN system delaying.

This is what slip looks like, notice what the in gear does, this is when it flashes on the dash, in the log it shows a neutral selection twice.

Hi George,

Thanks for the info, hopefully I won't see any slippage for a while, I will continue to avoid WOT pulls from low revs in 5th and 6th as I have done for the last 12k with the JB1.

MattB1

Ready to race!
As others have said, your values may not be being reached due to temps. See if you lower the values closer to your actual boost numbers and if that cleans it up any more. Like you said, it's hitting about 7-8psi over the stock request but your values are closer to 11-12psi. You have some consistent high timing as well which is great :)

I think I will leave as is and review again when the weather warms up a bit. Out of interest, are you still on your factory clutch?