GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
I was able to locate these on Ebay, anyone have these in black or now where to get them...
Also,how difficult is to remove stock emblems?

Attachments

• mk7_2.jpg
    mk7_2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2,302
  • mk7_1.jpg
    mk7_1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 2,306

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I was able to locate these on Ebay, anyone have these in black or now where to get them...

Stock removal is easy....just heat up and pull fishing line underneath it

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
It is easy, just make sure you have something to get rid of the gunk left behind from the old decals, I've been doing mine, scraped the crap out of the car trying to get rid of the gunk, luckily I have a guy who will paint and fix it. Waiting for proper adhesive remover to get rid of what's left which I should have got before hand.
I could only find chrome but did have left over black wrap from when I did the roof so wrapped the chrome with the black wrap, just waiting for the stuff before I put them on

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

marko cubrovic

Passed Driver's Ed
That's exactly what I am looking for, black roman characters for #7 ( do not need MK), will probably end up painting silver or red ones from ebay

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Hey that looks familiar!
;P
Good idea on the black. I had to remove mine Bc my adhesive got all fudged up. Maybe I'll fix that this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion

Use either fishing line or dental floss with the car sitting in the sun or heat the emblem up with a hair dryer.

The adhesive that is left on the car can either be pulled off by your fingers (careful not to scratch the paint) or use Goo Gone. It works fantastically without any damage to the painted surface. I've been using it for years.
On the thicker pieces, you need to saturate it a bit and keep working at it. Trust me, it'll come off. Just work it with fresh Goo Gone on a paper towel or old rag.

https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=goo+gone

Matthewpt

Ready to race!
Just some badgeskin for the side emblem.

Attachments

• IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 2,229

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Vinyl stripe. We'll see how I like it

Honestly not feeling the stripe. Not saying it looks bad, it actually looks good. But with that gloss black splitter popping off the red paint, that's almost perfection you shouldn't mess with.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Hey that looks familiar!
;P
Good idea on the black. I had to remove mine Bc my adhesive got all fudged up. Maybe I'll fix that this weekend

I don't know what you mean... lol
white car, black roof, black wings and i've just blacked out the vw emblem so this should tie in nicely when I get them on,hopefully before the weekend

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Honestly not feeling the stripe. Not saying it looks bad, it actually looks good. But with that gloss black splitter popping off the red paint, that's almost perfection you shouldn't mess with.

Yeah I took it off last weekend. I tried it out but came to the same conclusion.

Lvetterling

Ready to race!
Tried some vinyl for the first time. I know it's not "real" but I love it a lot more than piano black. Now to figure out how to remove the door pieces without breaking anything!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Tried some vinyl for the first time. I know it's not "real" but I love it a lot more than piano black. Now to figure out how to remove the door pieces without breaking anything!
Don't attempt to take it off! It's plastic welded in place from what I could tell when I had my door trim off.

Plastic welded means that once you take it off it will never be able to be reattached without gluing it or welding it back in place.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes mate the door trim is held in with plastic clips which are melted on the inside, the round parts, there's probably a better word for it but here's a photo:

I have mine wrapped in 3m 1080 white cf, was able to tuck the wrap in behind if you use something slim like a card.
Don't have a photo of the wrap on handy, but can take one if you like.