GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

BA9092

Ready to race!
Thanks guys! :D

I popped off the handle with a trim tool. It's just the outer cover that's wrapped. The hidden side where your palm goes is attached to the door card. I left that stock.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
My first attempt at wrapping. Since my Golf R's DSG shifter has a very similar look, I decided to give the rather bland looking interior door handles a new look to match. Bought some 3M matte DINOC carbon fiber off Amazon and wrapped all 4 interior door handle covers. I think it turned out well, considering I'm not a fan of the *let's-carbon-fiber-wrap-everything!* look. Thoughts?

Nice job! I will definitely be doing the same thing.

I wish the GTI had the aluminum interior that the Golf has. I think the black plastic doesn't liven up the interior enough the the contrast of the aluminum/black/tartan would have looked perfect. I'd love to do real CF interior bits, but they're an arm and a leg. Depending on how well the door handles turn out, I may wrap my trim pieces to match.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Is it hard to take the trim off? I've odered the trim removal tools, some carbon fibre wrap in white, cutting tools, a heat gun and cutting mat to have a go at wrapping the trim. What if i don't like it, is it easy to remove again?

refkylive

Car(s)
2015 GTI
You gotta love the little warning triangle spot. I mean... how cool is that?

Probably one of the dumbest questions on this whole forum. But is that the warning triangle that comes with the emergency roadside kit? If yes, how did you get it in there? I've tried it countless times...

poorness

Ready to race!
I don't have the roadside kit, so I'm not 100% sure. I know mine is a VW part though. Does the one with the VW kit look the same as the one above? If so, just push it in. It snapped right in place w/o much pressure. You might have to slide it a little left or right to get the cover to close.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Probably one of the dumbest questions on this whole forum. But is that the warning triangle that comes with the emergency roadside kit? If yes, how did you get it in there? I've tried it countless times...

I tried several different VW warning triangles but none of them fitted the MK7 boot lid slot.

Eventually found VW part number 8KO 860251 fitted fine.

Made by Gebra and I think it is made for vehicles across the VAG range.

BA9092

Ready to race!
Is it hard to take the trim off? I've odered the trim removal tools, some carbon fibre wrap in white, cutting tools, a heat gun and cutting mat to have a go at wrapping the trim. What if i don't like it, is it easy to remove again?

The handles pop right off with the smallest trim tool. I think there is a DIY with photos online somewhere. I used a precision X-acto knife and a hair dryer. I didn't have to re-do or remove any of the wrap, but did have to reposition a couple of them at first to get the weave look flowing in the right direction and angle, and it comes off easily.

Nice. BA9092, the CF looks great.

Thank you!

Nice job! I will definitely be doing the same thing.

I wish the GTI had the aluminum interior that the Golf has. I think the black plastic doesn't liven up the interior enough the the contrast of the aluminum/black/tartan would have looked perfect. I'd love to do real CF interior bits, but they're an arm and a leg. Depending on how well the door handles turn out, I may wrap my trim pieces to match.

Thanks! Yeah, real carbon fiber trim pieces are crazy expensive! Besides, a lot of them are glossy and I prefer the matte look and texture to match the DSG shifter trim.

poorness

Ready to race!
Speaking of carbon fiber... check these out.

Totally pointless I know... but they add a touch of customization. ;)

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Been looking at getting those covers, nothing wrong with wrapping them. Might do it myself. Most people will never notice but it those little things that make 'you' smile, i guess the whole point of this thread

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

refkylive

Car(s)
2015 GTI
I don't have the roadside kit, so I'm not 100% sure. I know mine is a VW part though. Does the one with the VW kit look the same as the one above? If so, just push it in. It snapped right in place w/o much pressure. You might have to slide it a little left or right to get the cover to close.

I don't think it looks the same.

I tried several different VW warning triangles but none of them fitted the MK7 boot lid slot.

Eventually found VW part number 8KO 860251 fitted fine.

Made by Gebra and I think it is made for vehicles across the VAG range.

That makes sense... Not a dumb question after all. Kind of dumb how the VW roadside kit warning triangle doesn't fit in the car.

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
My first attempt at wrapping. Since my Golf R's DSG shifter has a very similar look, I decided to give the rather bland looking interior door handles a new look to match. Bought some 3M matte DINOC carbon fiber off Amazon and wrapped all 4 interior door handle covers. I think it turned out well, considering I'm not a fan of the *let's-carbon-fiber-wrap-everything!* look. Thoughts?

Not a fan of carbon fiber wrap usually, but that really looks awesome! Nice install!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brolly

Passed Driver's Ed

Awesome detail bru, and excellent workmanship, looks great - had that almost stock feel to it.

I have the Nappa carbon fibre seats so definitely going to try this out next.
Think it will go well with the rest of the interior trim

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Brolly

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyway here's my contribution,

Whilst waiting for someone to make and sell real scuff plates, I decided to get some made out of stickers.

Looks abit to shiny = cheap, next attempt will be to use a CF black base sticker with a brushed aluminum detail for a more real look.
Amazing what you can do with just stickers.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

kliimotorwerkes

kliimotorwerkes.com
Car(s)
Mk6 CW GTI
Klii also has the steering wheel insert out now! I actually e-mailed them about the front emblem as well and they said it will be available. I actually want the plaid insert for the front, rear, steering wheel, hell even the license plate frame and maybe even the rearview cover if they do that as well!

http://www.kliimotorwerkes.com/coll...ucts/steering-wheel-badge-inlay-mk7-gti-plaid

Fronts just added to the collection. :) Man, I need to get on here more with you guys!

http://kliimotorwerkes.com/collecti...lays/products/front-badge-inlay-mk7-gti-plaid