GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 Upgrade Issues

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I put the stock DV back on as well as the stock air intake. I did 2 back to back pulls pushing at a peak of 29psi which is/was insane with a little hesitation pulling out of my driveway but once I got on it it seemed to correct itself. On the way back after doing the pulls going uphill the EPC came on though and I had a new code P0299. I'm going to check for boost leaks tomorrow but the P00AF Stuck code is still present. Making progress slowly but surely.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I put the stock DV back on as well as the stock air intake. I did 2 back to back pulls pushing at a peak of 29psi which is/was insane with a little hesitation pulling out of my driveway but once I got on it it seemed to correct itself. On the way back after doing the pulls going uphill the EPC came on though and I had a new code P0299. I'm going to check for boost leaks tomorrow but the P00AF Stuck code is still present. Making progress slowly but surely.
Update: After countless hours of trying to find boost leaks, finding the right voltages, binding issues etc and being unsuccessful it seems it likes to boost with the EPC on and the voltage set at 3.08, don't ask me why because honestly I couldn't tell you but that's where I'll be staying for now, at least until I decide to upgrade again. Thank you to everyone for your help, happy boosting!
Edit: Also all traction control settings must be on in order for it to boost

Attachments

• 20211220_121559.jpg
    20211220_121559.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Update: After countless hours of trying to find boost leaks, finding the right voltages, binding issues etc and being unsuccessful it seems it likes to boost with the EPC on and the voltage set at 3.08, don't ask me why because honestly I couldn't tell you but that's where I'll be staying for now, at least until I decide to upgrade again. Thank you to everyone for your help, happy boosting!
Edit: Also all traction control settings must be on in order for it to boost
so youre running the car with a epc light and fully boosting successfully?

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Update: I just got a new IS38 and installed it myself, I got an extension harness to make setting the voltage easier and everything checked out, no codes or anything. This morning I drove it to the dealer to get inspected since I'm 6 months over due, again no lights, no codes etc. When my car was "done" 2 hours later the tech told me when he started it the cel and epc light were on again and I noticed the wastegate voltage drifted again when I left, just like before. The code is P0045 again as well, any thoughts? Did VW just screw me or could it be a tune issue? Thank you guys in advance