GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 - Heardtbreak on the dyno

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
Dynapack dyno... 310 whp/350tq. Still too low. Tuner also noticed MAF sensor was maxed out at 22 psi. Not sure if this is normal and APR's software works around this?? Doing more diag next week

20160212_170504 (1024x558).jpg

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
There is no MAF on this car...

Did he mean MAP? That would make more sense and lean toward the sensor on the throttle body pipe being bad or you do have a boost leak.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Unfortunately, no. I suffered indecision paralysis in regards to this and ended up with nothing. I'm not sure I am only hitting 22 psi, but that is what I was told the MAP is maxed out at

Sorry if we covered this, do you have VAGCOM? If so log requested vs. actual boost pressure.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I'm leaning toward the flash, those numbers are about right for a Stock R turbo.

22 psi requested is also around what a stock GTI boosts as read by the ECU.

Willywonka

Ready to race!
The map is going to only read 22 psi. That is why u need a mechanical boost gauge. The tune tricks the computer to see less boost to lean it out to make more power. The most basic way to do this. if you were untuned the map would be accurate.

Willywonka

Ready to race!
If you had a p3 gauge and plugged it into your obd2 port and did not use the external map sensor for the boost, the p3 gauge would only read 22psi. This is why people were buy the boost sensor with the p3 gauge.