GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 - Heardtbreak on the dyno

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
Is your car DSG? If so do you have the APR TCU tune?

Also what tune in the MK6 running? That will make a difference.

i am on a dsg with tune. k04 is giac with 6 speed manual. he was on water meth but running 91 tune. it was cold out so i doubt i was pulling timing. he dynod 305 on the above dyno on his 100 tune. hes also going back for the giac extreme tune, i dont think i stand a chance lol.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
i am on a dsg with tune. k04 is giac with 6 speed manual. he was on water meth but running 91 tune. it was cold out so i doubt i was pulling timing. he dynod 305 on the above dyno on his 100 tune. hes also going back for the giac extreme tune, i dont think i stand a chance lol.

Sorry I edited my post above, MK6 GIAC K04 with meth is a beast, still you should pull a bit.

Check my theory about the DV, maybe there is a point where its weak.

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
Look into a Forge DV, I know that is what RJ is running and with one of the two springs they give you, you could be loosing boost with the Stock DV here.

I thought about this. Heard so much bad feedback about the gfb dv i never pursued it. Is there some way i can verify this through looking. im gaugeless atm, so in the dark on boost

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Log boost pressure requested vs. actual in VAGCOM maybe, other than that I would look into the Forge DV rather than the GFB one.

I ran a GFB DV+ on my K04 MKV and it was fine, for some reason on the MK7 I got EPC lights.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Log boost pressure requested vs. actual in VAGCOM maybe, other than that I would look into the Forge DV rather than the GFB one.

I ran a GFB DV+ on my K04 MKV and it was fine, for some reason on the MK7 I got EPC lights.

The MK7 doesn't like the GFB DV+. No idea why but there's been a bunch of posts about it. Yeah OP do some logging and get back to us. It may be a low reading dyno but it cant be THAT low reading unless it is really in need of calibration.

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
How does the car feel compared to Apr stage 2? Was it a noticeable difference like stock to tuned or just slightly better like going from stage 1 to 2?

I skipped straight to the IS38. However, if you look at the second dyno, I pulled 240 with full bolt ons, stock turbo and tune. So now i am 43 whp higher with a larger turbo and tune. Car is quick, but it isn't where it should be, I am convinced of that

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I'm guessing small boost leak somewhere, you can take it to a speed shop and someone should be able to help you out.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I skipped straight to the IS38. However, if you look at the second dyno, I pulled 240 with full bolt ons, stock turbo and tune. So now i am 43 whp higher with a larger turbo and tune. Car is quick, but it isn't where it should be, I am convinced of that

The whp gain isn't as important as dat powerband! That comparison dyno basically just sold me on this swap...

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Powerband does look wide, but OP claims he is down on power a tad.

Jury is still out, I'm convinced people don't understand how fast GIAC K04 tunes are especially when swapped over to the extreme file. I wish I would of sent that route when I went K04 on my last car.

SnowyLCR

Ready to race!
Does the Golf R and the GTI have the same Dv?
If not maybe a Golf R dv could do the trick instead of buying expensive aftermarket parts.

Can't you log a run of say 60-100mph that run would say a bit about the powerband.

I've a JB1 seat Cupra dsg, basically a Gti with an R engine. I'm doing 60-100 in sub 5 seconds measured with racelogic / vbox No Bolt-ons.

Sent using my fingers

vwinva

Ready to race!
Does the Golf R and the GTI have the same Dv?
If not maybe a Golf R dv could do the trick instead of buying expensive aftermarket parts.

Can't you log a run of say 60-100mph that run would say a bit about the powerband.

I've a JB1 seat Cupra dsg, basically a Gti with an R engine. I'm doing 60-100 in sub 5 seconds measured with racelogic / vbox No Bolt-ons.

Sent using my fingers

When you buy the is38 it comes with the Golf R dv already.