GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing: The AWE Tuning Mk7 GTI Exhaust Suite

GoatPowder

Ready to race!
To me if you are getting a DP you should be running either legit tune, which will take away check engine or JB4, which also will clear it.... the catalyst doesn't cost that much....

The problem is any tune that suppresses the rear o2's also won't allow the vehicle to pass emissions in most places. A pipe that allows a flash back to stock seems worth it to me to not have to swap to factory every year or two.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
To me if you are getting a DP you should be running either legit tune, which will take away check engine or JB4, which also will clear it.... the catalyst doesn't cost that much....
Go look up how much the catalyst costs. It's around $650 or more. Since I live in a state that is fairly strict with gas powered cars I personally like the fact that I can go to a emissions testing facility and never have to worry about not passing.

Skwangtang

Ready to race!
Installed last week and I'm in love.

However, one of the clamps that attach the exhaust tips to the exhaust broke when it was being tightened, completely shearing off the head of the bolt. Luckily my friend had a back up clamp that fit, just wanted to gives a heads up.

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!

However, one of the clamps that attach the exhaust tips to the exhaust broke when it was being tightened, completely shearing off the head of the bolt. Luckily my friend had a back up clamp that fit, just wanted to gives a heads up.

If it happens again AWE will take care of you, just reach out to them. The exact same thing happened to me as well back in July. I PM'ed Josh and he actually offered to make a special trip to meet me on a Saturday (they are closed on Saturdays) at AWE's shop and provided (and installed) a new clamp free of charge! Their level of customer service is superb. Ive been an AWE customer for 10 years now and have used their products on all of my GTi's (Mk3,4,6,7); this instance reinforced my status as a loyal life-long customer.

Last edited:

Navi

Autocross Champion
Yup exact same thing happened to me. They sent me out 2 new ones with another lollipop lol. One of the reasons why I decided to go with their downpipe later on. Their customer service is amazing and they are super friendly. Also, they recommended using anti seize on their clamps. I have done that and it really does help. I was able to torque both clamps down without either of them breaking.

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
If it happens again AWE will take care of you, just reach out to them. The exact same think happened to me as well back in July. I PM'ed Josh and he actually offered to make a special trip to meet me on a Saturday (they are closed on Saturdays) at AWE's shop and provided (and installed) a new clamp free of charge! Their level of customer service is superb. Ive been an AWE customer for 10 years now and have used their products on all of my GTi's (Mk3,4,6,7); this instance reinforced my status as a loyal life-long customer.

Hoping you're well and your holiday was grand! :)

Yup exact same thing happened to me. They sent me out 2 new ones with another lollipop lol. One of the reasons why I decided to go with their downpipe later on. Their customer service is amazing and they are super friendly. Also, they recommended using anti seize on their clamps. I have done that and it really does help. I was able to torque both clamps down without either of them breaking.

Anti-seize is key so the threads are lubricated. If they are not lubricated and begin to feel tight before secure, ease off as the friction causes them to bind. Many think they're getting tight and keep cranking on them, thus "hurting" them.

LUBE YA THREADS, EVEYRONE :)

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance

PM or email me your shipping info and how many clamps you're in need of. :)