pieguy

Ready to race!

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I have to agree if we are talking about an IS20 car. The Wagner is too big IMO.
I am looking at getting the i.e intercooler and will be running an is38 i was looking over some stuff oblivious had posted on cfms and sizing your ic and I would have to agree that it's seems the Wagner seems a bit large for is20 but it should be good for the is38 now my question is do you all think the i.e might be small for the is38. I like i.e and all there products but I'm looking for a proper set up to reduce some stress off the is38. I do how ever like the Wagner also and have heard nothing but good things from it. If the Wagner is better suited for the is38 I'll get that one plus I live in Arizona when the summer is in the 120's.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I am looking at getting the i.e intercooler and will be running an is38 i was looking over some stuff oblivious had posted on cfms and sizing your ic and I would have to agree that it's seems the Wagner seems a bit large for is20 but it should be good for the is38 now my question is do you all think the i.e might be small for the is38. I like i.e and all there products but I'm looking for a proper set up to reduce some stress off the is38. I do how ever like the Wagner also and have heard nothing but good things from it. If the Wagner is better suited for the is38 I'll get that one plus I live in Arizona when the summer is in the 120's.

Look at the VTT turbo thread and those logs. Looks like it handles it just fine.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Look at the VTT turbo thread and those logs. Looks like it handles it just fine.
Thanks I grazed over that thread and missed that part but found it and looked at the log. Good cause I wanted the i.e lol

ashiun

Ready to race!

ashiun

Ready to race!
OP would be Oblivious and he doesn't have a Golf R. If you are saying Mabotech guy thinks it is worse than Golf R IC on a Golf R then I can't comment, have not seen enough data.

I mean the poster who shared his new Wagner IC on the facebook group had a Golf R, and the mabotech came in saying Wagner is worse than stock Golf R intercooler. He talked up all this data but still hasn't shared it, and just ditched the thread.

Last edited:

amgtorre

Passed Driver's Ed
CTS turbo FMIC

Got a FMIC from CTS turbo

Install was way more complicated than expected as the mounting brackets can not be put behind the crash bar as there isn't enough space, I'm in Mexico and maybe the rest of the world GTIs have different dimension than in the USA, I emailed CTS and their reply was they haven't seen this

Anyway the FMIC was installed and here is a comparison vs the stock intercooler, 3rd gear run , ambient temp 19C on both runs, blue line shows boost, green stock intercooler, red CTS FMIC

The car has a stage 1 tune, and I'm at an altitude of 1500m

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
The conditions had to be a little different for these runs, or the stock IC wouldn't start out 16c higher. Regardless, it is the trough to peak that matters and the stock IC went up 11c while the CTS went up only 5c. So it's twice as good as stock at cooling.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
How heavy is the cts core on that fmic kit? A rough estimate will work too.

gmi99

Passed Driver's Ed
The conditions had to be a little different for these runs, or the stock IC wouldn't start out 16c higher. Regardless, it is the trough to peak that matters and the stock IC went up 11c while the CTS went up only 5c. So it's twice as good as stock at cooling.

At equal ambient temps I️ would expect the stock to idle/cruise at higher temps