GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering intake

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
I had the Gen 2 intake without the lid. It's extremely loud, which I initially found entertaining, then it started to grate on me. I removed it and it's sitting in my basement. If someone wants it, drop me a PM

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Has anyone tried the intake with and without the lid? I definitely want more noise, but I don't want it to be obnoxious. I'm willing to cough up another $300+ for the lid if it helps.
It's not a huge difference honestly. The intake doesn't do a great job of keeping weather out of the bay regardless of whether you use the lid either. I'd save your cash if you already have the rest.

Jargon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I have the IE open intake. I really like the way it looks under the hood and the noise is great. It's really not very noticeable unless you are under throttle.

I would say this is the best piece of advice about the product is here from @slipperywhenwet "You'll want some sticky foam strips to put under the intake tray to keep it from rattling like crazy against the frame of the car, right where it sits above the rad. Otherwise, you WILL hear it.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I have the IE open intake. I really like the way it looks under the hood and the noise is great. It's really not very noticeable unless you are under throttle.

I would say this is the best piece of advice about the product is here from @slipperywhenwet "You'll want some sticky foam strips to put under the intake tray to keep it from rattling like crazy against the frame of the car, right where it sits above the rad. Otherwise, you WILL hear it.
Did you install it correctly? Because mine doesn't rattle at all.

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It's not a huge difference honestly. The intake doesn't do a great job of keeping weather out of the bay regardless of whether you use the lid either. I'd save your cash if you already have the rest.
I haven't purchased anything yet but was weighing the closed IE intake and the closed APR intake. I'm fine that no intake is going to add much power, I just want a little more excitement under the hood without sounding like I'm racing anyone/everyone.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
What part of the intake rattles?
The big metal piece that crosses the entire front of the car. It rattles against the rad I believe. I had some two sided tape there that held for a couple of months but now it came back. So I bought some thicker double sided foam insulation thing to try. It's upsetting considering how much I paid for it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The big metal piece that crosses the entire front of the car. It rattles against the rad I believe. I had some two sided tape there that held for a couple of months but now it came back. So I bought some thicker double sided foam insulation thing to try. It's upsetting considering how much I paid for it.
My smaller V1 did the same think, and i also just ran Home Depot insulation foam on the bottom edge of it

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
omg mine does the same too. I've put foam insulation at a few spots but haven't quite figured out exactly where it's rattling against.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
omg mine does the same too. I've put foam insulation at a few spots but haven't quite figured out exactly where it's rattling against.
It's annoying as fuck, especially with that satanic Powerflex insert.

• Haha
Reactions: MSH

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
This is going to be my potential fix
IMG_20220120_154537.jpg

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I haven't purchased anything yet but was weighing the closed IE intake and the closed APR intake. I'm fine that no intake is going to add much power, I just want a little more excitement under the hood without sounding like I'm racing anyone/everyone.
I think the main reason to get the lid is because it adds a mount to the driver side of the tray. Kinda weird oversight. Definitely makes it rattle less. Is that worth $300...?