GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intakes

rihannamk7

Hey guys,
I just got a Golf 1.8T and I was just wondering what intakes you guys have on your Golf / GTI and which ones you suggest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Intakes are a waste of money and the search button is your best friend.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7394965

This. Please search, there are literally hundreds of threads on this topic.

Cliffnotes:
-Any aftermarket intake is the same, just depends on how much you want to spend on it. People will argue that one is better than the other, but they are lying. Spending 800 dollars on a carbon fiber snail intake does not make it better than a 300 pipe with a filter on the end.

-The only purpose of an intake is aesthetic, visually and aurally. If you want turbo sound, buy an intake.

-If you are looking to gain some power, look elsewhere. Your 300+ bucks are better spent on a JB1/JB4 for cheap and easy power gains.

-As per Diggs post, drop in filters are the best bang for your buck intake wise

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
Stock with AFE dry filter and removed snowguard. You'd probably notice more of a difference with an aftermarket turbo inlet pipe, which is cheaper and easy peasy to install. I got quicker turbo spooling, sharper throttle response, and extra engine noise. It wasn't night and day, but when I went back to the stock TIP, the difference was noticeable. Intakes on a turbo car are for noise only. An upgraded intercooler is going to cool air down way more than any intake will.

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
If you're looking for the "woosh woosh" sound...just about any open filter that's a filter on a pipe will do the job.

I wasn't really looking for noise...but wanted to dress up the engine bay a bit...so I got an Autotech.

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
I bought an injen open intake.
Turbo sound is very audible. I feel no gains whatsoever and i expected that. No loss of power either. MPG is slightly better.

Jarbear

Ready to race!

I currently have the stock intake w/ an AFE drop in + snow guard removed