GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

infotainment system issue.

goonergolf

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues such as this..

Started around 2 weeks into owning the car, got out switched the car off for 5 mins, got back in and the infotainment screen was black! sound etc still working but no image, drove for a few minutes, switched the car off then back on and all fine! no issues UNTIL.. last week when I had an incoming call on the handsfree, tried to hang up and the whole thing froze.. sound and everything still coming out but frozen on the phone screen with the contact details and timer of the phone still ticking away!!

Now just driven back from getting some fuel and suddenly the whole screen again black! drove the car home left it off for a few minutes, got back in and its back to working... I'm not impressed, but i don't know if there is a known fix to this :confused:

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!

Started around 2 weeks into owning the car, got out switched the car off for 5 mins, got back in and the infotainment screen was black! sound etc still working but no image, drove for a few minutes, switched the car off then back on and all fine! no issues UNTIL.. last week when I had an incoming call on the handsfree, tried to hang up and the whole thing froze.. sound and everything still coming out but frozen on the phone screen with the contact details and timer of the phone still ticking away!!

Now just driven back from getting some fuel and suddenly the whole screen again black! drove the car home left it off for a few minutes, got back in and its back to working... I'm not impressed, but i don't know if there is a known fix to this :confused:

What unit and what firmware? Long press menu button then software versions. Part number and firmware please.

Pezzer1

Passed Driver's Ed
There is another thread outlining other owners who have the same issues. Search against my user profile and you will find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
I've had similar problems with my car, black screen and today it's turned itself on and off, probably just a software glitch, luckily I have a three year warranty so I'm reasonably relaxed about it.

goonergolf

What unit and what firmware? Long press menu button then software versions. Part number and firmware please.

Thanks

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
You've got quite a recent firmware version. I would return to the dealer, ask then to execute a DISS report to Milton Keynes requesting a software update newer than 0617

johng.wissig

Ready to race!

I've had and continue continue to have almost exactly opposite, I have the screen and no sound. Which so far eventually comes on but no telling when!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

goonergolf

You've got quite a recent firmware version. I would return to the dealer, ask then to execute a DISS report to Milton Keynes requesting a software update newer than 0617

Just registered the issue against the car on their system. Going to keep an eye on it. They mentioned either running diagnostics but if you say it's the latest version their other option was on replacing the head unit!

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
Yes they need to send a DISS report to Technical at Milton Keynes then request update file from Germany. Mime will be at dealers tomorrow however I'm Gen 1 Pro Nav

ronhar

I have had a few minor issues with MIB2.

The car is Year 16 spec build (picked up on 1st September).

About every 3rd initial start the radio does not come on (both FM and DAB) will only start when the radio is switched off and back on.

I have had the SatNav default to Wolfsberg map but voice directions stay on for selected journey.

Not had any blank screens as yet !!!

colham

Ready to race!
I have had a few minor issues with MIB2.

The car is Year 16 spec build (picked up on 1st September).

About every 3rd initial start the radio does not come on (both FM and DAB) will only start when the radio is switched off and back on.

I've also had the MIB2 unit freeze up. Only happened a couple of times though, and only cleared after stopping and starting the car.

I've had the DAB radio lock up too. Switching to FM/AM was ok, but DAB stuck. Off/On a few times and it came back.

I'm back driving my MK6 GTD now as the wife on maternity with the MK7 now, so don't get much chance to play with it.

AlexL

Our Golf 110TSi (Mk7, MY16) is 1 month old and our Media Infotainment System has stop working. On week1, the car navigation stop functioning whilst driving. The media, bluetooth and carplay is not working either. We also lost all radio station presets - we need to re-tune the radio each time we start the car. It is as if the car does not recognise the infotainment system.

Took our car to the dealer and contacted VW Customer Care. Apparently, this is a software related issue and we have to wait for software update on week50, 2015. We also notice the car's reversing camera often have a black screen on display. We need to re-start the car to get the reversing camera but till date, no luck with Infotainment system.

Has anyone experience the same issue? Thanks