GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment replacement costs?

Diarmuid

Car(s)
Vw golf
My infotainment unit in the glove box has given up the ghost. Initially started giving trouble a couple of months back, no issue for 30 to 40 minutes of driving, but after that would constantly turn on and off every minute or so.
Finally gave up completely the other day and just staring at a black screen since.

After an initial phone call with a vw dealership, was told it would be €200 for them to diagnose the issue and would be somewhere between €2000 to €3000 if infotainment unit needs to be replaced and said they would not fit a second hand unit, that it would have to be a new unit put in.

Any one have similar issues or have any idea of where I might pick up a 2nd hand unit in Ireland, there seems to be loads of them available in the uk, but so far haven’t seen anywhere I can source one in Ireland.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I paid $200 for a replacment unit off of eBay. I had to use a VAS5054a to have the Component Protection removed and D link to install functional enablement codes. This is a post on a retrofit, but some of it applies wrt the component protection and FEC install. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...o-mib2-infotainment-conversion-part-1.343701/

The VAS5054a is $100 on alipexpress must have OKI chipset and D link is like $15. Someone to remove CP and install FEC remotely is likely around 80 Euro.

Post on replacing my head unit. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/infotainment-unit-draining-battery.379517/

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
if you get Discover Media by Technisat you just need to enable hidden menu with OBDeleven or VCDS, install MIB STD2 Toolbox, and it will patch both Component Protection and SWaP FEC check.

workerONE

Car(s)
MK7
Mine keeps restarting every 5 minutes, I've had it replaced under warranty twice already and now it's out of warranty and they say $2200 but are offering 10% off. They said diagnostics report it's just the module in the glovebox which has the issue. I have part 3Q0035876A