GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In process: Alibaba GTI build

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Here’s the link:

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $2,508.06 55% Off | EA888 GEN3 Upgrade CNT Gasoline Engine Parts 2.0T Motor Car Assembly For Audi A3 S3 Golf Auto Accesorios двигатель бензиновый
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLshyoO

Funny how they increase the price after someone purchases a unit. It was a cool $400 cheaper just 2 days ago.

They also have CJX engines for you golf R people..but it’s almost twice the price. Not worth it if you know what the differences in internal parts are when compared to the regular GTI engines.

I’ll send pictures and video if/when the engine gets here..still debating whether I should run the engine as is for a few thousand miles or just tear it apart and install the forged stuff. Either way I definitely plan to abuse/push the engine..whether it stays stock or is forged

Maybe your browser history is how they know to raise the prices?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
The order page says they adjust the shipping cost after purchase. No way they're shipping a 300lb motor for free.

If the CJX is actually $4k shipped, that's not bad if you don't have a good R head already. They also don't say if they've been over-bored. If it's a good casting and can take drop-in 82.5mm pistons, that's great. If it's a remanned block with old-revision pistons, yikes.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hopefully you claimed your $6.90 off...
Haha damn right I did. You know I googled ‘AliExpress coupons’ and plugged and chugged 20 different coupon codes on there. Only managed a $40 coupon though
Extend your savings even more with the bulk discount pricing...
1692906426924.png

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
The order page says they adjust the shipping cost after purchase. No way they're shipping a 300lb motor for free.

If the CJX is actually $4k shipped, that's not bad if you don't have a good R head already. They also don't say if they've been over-bored. If it's a good casting and can take drop-in 82.5mm pistons, that's great. If it's a remanned block with old-revision pistons, yikes.
For the sake of transparency, here’s my order receipt email. I’m by no means encouraging anyone to buy these engines..I simply came across this and have the funds to gamble on a neat (hopefully) functional solution to my lack of an engine.

Time will tell. lol

Attachments

• IMG_1357.jpeg
    IMG_1357.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 324
Reactions: krs

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Oh my god it's literally from Zhong.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This a good thing?

Kind of an forum inside joke. I order a ton of shit off AliExpress for my car.

One of the steering wheels I ordered off AliExpress was delivered from "Mr. Zhong Zhong".

"Who'd you get your steering wheel from?"

Oh, you know. Mr. Zhong Zhong.

View attachment 244895

Since then, Chinese\AliExpress parts have just been called Zhong Zhong parts.

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
Kind of an forum inside joke. I order a ton of shit off AliExpress for my car.

One of the steering wheels I ordered off AliExpress was delivered from "Mr. Zhong Zhong".

Since then, Chinese\AliExpress parts have just been called Zhong Zhong parts.
Haha well dang, good to know someone else has sourced Chinese parts for these cars. I tried looking through the forums to see if any one else has bought a whole engine from Ali but couldn’t find anything.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
For the sake of transparency, here’s my order receipt email. I’m by no means encouraging anyone to buy these engines..I simply came across this and have the funds to gamble on a neat (hopefully) functional solution to my lack of an engine.

Time will tell. lol
Did they provide you with any info re: the block itself? Where it's cast, pistons used, whether it was bored/honed, crank reconditioned?
If it shows up and it's basically indistinguishable from a new-from-dealer GTI longblock, sick. But Alibaba is very hit-or-miss unless you get a good supplier.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Haha well dang, good to know someone else has sourced Chinese parts for these cars. I tried looking through the forums to see if any one else has bought a whole engine from Ali but couldn’t find anything.

A complete engine is a whole other level from what I've sourced. Most expensive thing I've gotten was a MIB unit\9.2" screen. But also multiple steering wheels, intercoolers, tail lights, shifters, dope ass puddle lights, mirror caps, digital dashes, interior trim, climatronic controls... The list goes on and on.

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
Did they provide you with any info re: the block itself? Where it's cast, pistons used, whether it was bored/honed, crank reconditioned?
If it shows up and it's basically indistinguishable from a new-from-dealer GTI longblock, sick. But Alibaba is very hit-or-miss unless you get a good supplier.
These are brand new parts assembled to factory specifications, is what they’ve told me. Keep in mind China as a region is one of VAG’s major production sites (please correct me if I’m wrong) so I don’t doubt them being able to source these parts

To update: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_factories

Looks like it’s actually Germany>Mexico=~China if going off number of employees at the factory.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
DAZA window shipping on Alibaba in progress

scrllock

Autocross Champion
These are brand new parts assembled to factory specifications, is what they’ve told me. Keep in mind China as a region is one of VAG’s major production sites (please correct me if I’m wrong) so I don’t doubt them being able to source these parts

To update: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_factories

Looks like it’s actually Germany>Mexico=~China if going off number of employees at the factory.

I don't doubt that, but that doesn't mean this factory is also selling OEM blocks to VW factory lines. If the blocks and cranks are new then it's not too bad a deal at all.